cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nmpnmp
Scholar

Feature request

Hi all,

I'm not sure if there is a better place for this, I hope here is ok. With the YouTube app, it's possible to use the app on your phone or tablet, then search for and queue videos to play on a separate device, eg your Smart TV or Virginmedia TiVo. The YouTube app has to be installed on the TV or device, but it doesnt need to be running either. This is an awesome feature, and really seamless. It makes searching and playing content much easier than attempting to do so through an on screen keyboard and TV or Now TV remote control, and I use the YouTube app all the time because of this feature.

How likely is it for this to be included in the Now TV app? Ideally I would be able to search Now TV content on my iPhone or iPad, then find a movie or show I want to watch, then send it to play on one of my Now TV boxes around the house. For example, lounge, cinema, bedroom etc. It's already been done by YouTube who have executed it really well, so it's clearly possible. Is this something you would consider?

Thanks
nmp
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nmpnmp

Welcome to the forum.

I agree this would be a great idea. There is a special ideas board on the forum. You can't start new ideas there yourself as it is moderated by the NOW TV Team but any ideas the team like are placed in there for people to vote and comment on. 

Your idea has already been mentioned here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Remote-play-to-another-local-device/idi-p/247241

but you explain it very well so I'd recommend you vote for the idea and copy your post into the comments. No guarantees it will be implemented but the team do take note of the ideas board.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nmpnmp

Welcome to the forum.

I agree this would be a great idea. There is a special ideas board on the forum. You can't start new ideas there yourself as it is moderated by the NOW TV Team but any ideas the team like are placed in there for people to vote and comment on. 

Your idea has already been mentioned here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Remote-play-to-another-local-device/idi-p/247241

but you explain it very well so I'd recommend you vote for the idea and copy your post into the comments. No guarantees it will be implemented but the team do take note of the ideas board.

Nmpnmp
Scholar

Hi John, thanks for the reply and the directions to the correct forum. I'll do just that. Thank you for your help!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're wasting your time. The Now TV app for the ATV  is what's known as "abandonware", which means it will never receive any updates.  Sky have admitted as much, so you'd be better off running Now TV on a platform Sky support, such as the Roku or PS4.

Nmpnmp
Scholar

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're reffering to - ATV?  To be fair, my suggestion isn't really reffering to any one specific platform for the Now TV app, more so about the functionality that I'm hoping for. The Now TV app could very well be running on Roku, PS4, Xbox or whatever, my suggestion is more to do with the functionality of searching for content on your Mobile device of choice, then queueing up said content, to play to a Now TV device somewhere in your home, be that Roku, Xbox, PS4 or whatever.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nmpnmp ATV~ Apple TV. Since you posted in the Apple TV section. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂