cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Episodes updating later on Apple TV

I'm really struggling with the NowTv Apple TV app. It's a complete pain to find your shows on it and when you do the new episodes don't show up in the listing. I checked on the iPad app, and there they are. But on Apple TV nope. 

If nowtv can't be bothered to give us a proper app on Apple TV, at least allow us to pair it with the iOS app (like you can the excellent FREE app Plex) so we can use the funcionality of the iOS app with the quality of the Apple TV streaming. That's not so much to ask, is it. 

I don't know if people from Nowtv read these forums, but I have to say the NowTv Apple TV app is pretty poor. It's a barely functionable just enough kind of app. I guess they don't really want our money. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All the info you want has been posted many times before, so here the short version...

NowTV never made the Apple TV app... Very few Service providers ever did make the AppleTV apps...

Apple TV had a few big Sub contracted app developers companies that design the app and info structure and then sell there service to media companies... this then resulted in those companies bulk selling apps to media companies...

One upside to this is that the Apple TV platform is the only device to stream all content in HD accross the hole NowTV service...

The interface was better than the Slow white NowTV box 

The down side is...

That its now been surpassed by the black boxes GUI's 

The Apps don't get updated if at all...

The content takes even longer to be uploaded because its on a stand alone different system specific for AppleTV...

Issues take even longer to fix.

Zero day TV episode licensing to Air play is not free... the content providers will want a new license agreement as they did with googlecast... 

TV OS has put a spanner in the works as it means they could have to pay to have Two Apple TV apps running...

Short version for if you care and not just venting...

nickmorc
Expert 2

I now use the siri search by voice on Now Tv and find the programme much easier.

Without doubt, the picture quality on Apple 4th gen is much better than the black box in my opinion.