cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Episode list after each episode won't load

Currently watching Greys Anatomy - my first time - the first season was fine; I'd watch an episode then press menu and it would take me back to the episode list.

But on season 2, I press Menu and nothing happens. I press it again and it takes me to the NowTV list of programmes with Greys highlighted.

I click to enter the list of episodes and the correct episode number is highlighted but on season 1, not season 2!

I'm new to NowTV and AppleTV - so what do I do? Do I unplug AppleTV for a bit to reset it or something?
12 REPLIES 12
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

When you say it takes you to the list of programs, does it bring this up as search results or is it listings under a certain channel or section?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Simon,

I click Now TV, then Entertainment, then abc Studios, then Greys Anatomy.

There the episodes are listed via seasons - swipe up and down to go through episodes and swipe left and right to change seasons.

I click the episode I want to watch - for example: Season 2, Episode 16. I watch the episode, when it's finished I click Menu which SHOULD take me back to the episode list. But nothing happens. I click Menu again and I'm back in the abc Studios menu.

I click Greys Anatomy and it takes me back into the episode list at Season 1, Episode 1.

I have restarted my Apple TV and this has had no effect whatsoever!

Regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Anonymous User

We will look into that for you and pass it onto the development teams.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar type issue with NowTV on my Apple TV 4.

When I watch a series - say Criminal Minds - and I'm watching one of the later series, when an episode ends I press 'menu' to get back to the list of episodes. It always takes me back to the first season but remembers what episode number I'm on. So for example if I watch season 6 episode 6 and then press menu, it will take me to season 1 but highlight episode 6 on season 1.

I have 3 apple TVs in my house and it works just the same on each one - so I reckon it's a bug in the app.

Also, I can't find the ability to have a list of stores programs to watch in the same way I was able to on my Roku.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your feedback.

We'll advise the app team.

In regards to the storing of programmes, it's not currently an option on the Apple TV app but we're always looking at evolving the app so it may be a feature for future updates.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with watching VEEP on the Apple TV.

At the end of every episode, I am sent back out to the search results page, and must navigate through the older seasons to get to the next episode. And that's assuming I remember the number/title of the episode I just watched. 

It seems the "Play next episode" functionality is available on the NowTV box and through the PC service (nevermind Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc)--when will this be coming to Apple TV?

And how about access to "My TV" on Apple TV as well?

This is a great product and fine app, but some additional resource put into increasing functionality to an industry-standard level would be much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We really appreciate all feedback from our customers and may be looking into these changes in future.

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem is not isolated to Apple devices - I am experiencing the same on my windows device and can't review any of the episodes I've seen or choose to watch them again.  Nor can I check to see if there are any more in the series.  Please advise us how to bring up the full episode listing for the  series we are watching.  This is totally spoiling my trial perod experience and losing me valuable viewing time!! Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually I think on windows we have to scroll down, but I'll see if that works once I've watched something. Watch this space! 😛