cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cricket ball disappears when watching it on Apple Tv

I've just got a new Panasonic TV and I've noticed, when watching the cricket through The NowTv app the red cricket ball goes invisible  when rolling quickly towards the boundary. I've check playback of the same cottage I've recorded on my YouView box but then there's no disappearing ball! 

I'm not 100% whether it's a TV set up issue or a streaming one 

has anyone else noticed this?

I'm  on a third gen Apple TV box and my to is a Panasonic TX40DX700B (40inch)

Any suggestions greatly received. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's strange, i own a ATV3 and a Panasonic CX680 TV (The generation before the DX range) though i admit i don't watch cricket i haven't noticed any issues where a fast moving ball goes invisible during watching other sports on the NowTV Pass.

Unfortunately, i have cancelled my NowTV Sports Pass at the moment due to other picture issues which are well documented on the forum, otherwise i would have checked it out with some cricket on my setup to see if i was encountering the same problem.

Sounds like some motion process on your Panasonic TV is causing the problem (LCD TV's are not very good with motion compared to other TV display technologies), perhaps have a play around with the motion processing options in your TV.

What i would try (not sure if practicality possible in your case) is to connect your Apple TV to a different TV in the house (if available) and test the cricket on the second TV and if it plays fine then you can eliminate both the ATV and NowTV sports stream has the cause of the invisible ball you are seeing whilst watching the cricket and then focus on your Panasonic TV.

However if you find the invisible cricket ball is still there on the second TV then the next process is to eliminate the ATV 3 etc etc..

I know there is a few cricket fan members on here, perhaps they can test to see if the same thing is happening on their TV sets with the NowTV Cricket broadcast streams and report back here, this should then give a good idea if it's NowTV related or the picture problem lies elsewhere.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Agreed.... Check your TV's 'post processing' options for the HDMI input that your ATV box is using and disable options such as: Real Cinema, Motion Eye Care, TruMotion, Intelligent Frame Creation, Game Mode, Film Cadence Mode, etc (or whatever they may be called on your make and model of TV).

Also, what 'output frequency' is your ATV set to? If it's set to '60Hz' you should set it to '50Hz' or 'auto' if available.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. There is an option on the new Panasonic TVs in the Picture Menu called Tint.
This adjusts the balance between green and reds so I'll play about with that.
Also the Apple TV was set to 60hz so I'll play with that too.
I didn't notice the issue on my older TV so if the problem persists I'll speak to Panasonic.
Thanks for your advice but is anyone has any other suggestions please post
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for the advice. There is an option on the new Panasonic TVs in the Picture Menu called Tint.
This adjusts the balance between green and reds so I'll play about with that.
Also the Apple TV was set to 60hz so I'll play with that too.
I didn't notice the issue on my older TV so if the problem persists I'll speak to Panasonic.
Thanks for your advice but is anyone has any other suggestions please post

There should not be any requirement for you to adjust the 'tint' option. Originally it was used to correct colour shifting on old 'analogue' NTSC video signals. Such an option was never required for PAL/SECAM video signals over here in europe.

Indeed I find it most bizarre that 'digital' TV's offer this feature at all Smiley Surprised

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would be surprised if adjusting the Tint would have any effect apart from making the picture either too Red or Green (I leave mine Tint set at zero, but suppose there is no harm in testing at different settings).

Maybe try switching OFF the TV picture settings such as ambient sensor, adpative backlight control, noise reduction, mpeg remaster, resolution remaster, intelligent frame creation, clear motion.

Also, go into the picture option settings and try "Game Mode" switched to ON, this in theory should switch off and bypass all the main Panasonic picture processing electronics on the TV.

If your Apple TV worked fine previously on your old TV then it would suggest that it's points towards something on your new Panasonic 4K TV (unless the issue has only started happening on the NowTV sports streams since you switched to a newer TV).

Hopefully other members on here who watch Cricket on their NowTV Sports pass can assist and contribute by confirming that their TV doesn't display the cricket ball going invisible once reaching the boundary line, which would then point to your new Panasonic TV. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to say if you still own your old TV, i would just try when there is more Cricket scheduled on Sky to hook up your ATV to see if the Cricket still looks fine the way it used too on the old TV or it now (which is very unlikely) seems to show the same cricket ball artefacts of the ball going invisible like your Panasonic TV.

This test would then prove nothing as happened recently since you bought your new Panasonic TV with the NowTV Sports Cricket Streaming Servive causing the ball to disappear when viewing Cricket.

I know it's time and hassle if you still own the old TV and perhaps you would prefer speaking to Panasonic or wait and see if you get some more responses on here from NowTV Cricket fan watchers.

Anyway it was just a thought.

Good Luck, hope you get it resolved quickly.