cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black screen every time you press the Menu button at end of show

Hi, I tried searching for this, although I will be honest, the forum was slow so I gave up fairly swiftly, but... I have this issue where, if I watching a show, doesn't matter what it is, and the show finishes, rather than showing the next episode in the series, I have to press the Menu button. Except, when I do, I get a black screen. I then have to press the menu button again, but instead of taking me to the list of episodes, it takes me back to the main menu for whatever channel I am in... it's stupidly frustrating when all I am trying to do is spend a lazy sunday binge watching something.

Is it just me, or is this 'normal' behaviour for the app? I can see from the top few posts it doesn't have the best rap, and by the looks/sounds of it, the NowTV moderators are somewhat absent from this forum... So, are there any helpful users out there that can point me in the right direction? 

I see the app hasn't been updated since 27 Oct 2015 as well... 11 months... jeez. I'm guessing that it's been mothballed or something?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you are using a ATV Gen 4, according to this linked thread below it looks like you are not alone with this issue.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Apple-TV/AppleTv-4-app-blank-episode-lists/td-p/354777

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We are aware of a number of bugs with the app on ATV, due to the nature of the platform and certain restrictions putting out updates can be somewhat of a lengthy process but the team are working to address any issues in the next update and what you've reported is something they are aware of.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J,

Thanks for getting back to me, I apprciate that the platform may be more restrictive than the rest of the iOS ecosystem, but that doesn't explain the total lack of updates since last year? Other platforms, namely Netflix and BBC iPlayer have continuted to update and provide an app which mirrors the experience that you would find on a desktop or mobile device.

When can we expect to see this update you speak of? And will it contain more than bug fixes, such as feature enhancments? I understand you may not be able to get a definitive answer, but are they mearly sat in a backlog of tickets waiting to be looked at, or are your dev team actively working on them and preparing a release?

Any information would be apprciated at this point.

Thanks,

Joe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We can't confirm a date at the moment but our teams are definitely working on it.

In the mean time, you may find that you prefer one of our other supported devices.

Please keep an eye out for further news on the update.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Okay, well I just hope that an update is rolled out soon and that it fixes, and improves the system dramatically. It's a sad state of affairs to see a comapny like sky falling behind other companies by so much!

I use the Apple TV4 device as that its the only large screen device I own, and I don't want to have to go out and spend money on yet another device just to watch one service, so unless you're willing to provide me with a NowTV Box of your own, I'll be sticking to what I have already. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for an update soon though as I'm close to cancelling the service altogether at this point.