cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like the ATV Authentication Error is fixed 😀

Where my ATV 3 NowTV App is playing fine now error free 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine too. Just took two hours of agony. Will be rating NowTV poorly anyway. And once GOT is done, I am out! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any tips on how to fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep trying. Sorry that’s all I can offer. Tells you how useless Now TV is....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting same error here, works fine on iPhone andiPad. I can't airplay to TV from phone either, only audio on TV and video on phone

Tried restarting AppleTV, reset WIFI no joy. Netflix and all other apps ok
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here - mobile app is working though. Looks like we’ll just have to keep checking back until it’s fixed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks as though it’s fixed now!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem - only just signed up to Now Tv today, watched one episode of The Tunnel and now  "auth error" keeps flashing up - how annoying??? Anyone got an answer please???

@Anonymous Userwrote:

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

if you could please make sure the apple firmware has been updated on your devices, Apple have performed a release today, (11.3) which might be crashing the NOW TV app

As a work around please follow these steps:

1. Restart Apple TV 
    2. Launch NowTV app - it will crash once 
    3. Launch NowTV app again 
    4. DO NOT use the settings - Sign in to NowTV - it will crash the app 
    5. Select and play a piece of contnet 
    6. NowTV app will ask you to sign in to account 
    7. Accept T&Cs 
    8. Sign in as normal.

Thanks 

Toby

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines still not working, I’ve done what you said.