cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio in mono.

Hi,

All content is currently playing in mono from my Apple TV 4.   the ATV4 has the latest TVOS installed,  and a hard reset hasn't resolved the issue.    All other apps on the ATV are working correctly and outputing stereo or 5.1 audio where appropriate.

Can you investigate please?    It's bad enough that NOW TV doesn't transmit 5.1 audio,  but reducing things to mono is a step too far 🙂

As an additional test my NOW TV app on my iPad is correctly outputting stereo,  so it's not an account issue,  rather it appears to be unique to the ATV.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

My brother-in-law has an Apple TV4 and when I asked him a few days ago if he's having the same 'mono' issue as you, he said no, he's getting stereo!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly same problem for me. Game of Thrones has terrible audio on NowTV running on AppleTV 4. Mono!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue here.

Apple TV 32gb (newest model), latest software

The issue isn't with the TV or anything else in the setup - everything else is coming out in stereo.

Issue persists when I'm streaming audio to an airplay device.

Don't have the same issue with the stream on the iPhone app but it won't let me stream airplay.

I've mainly got NowTV to watch Game of Thrones and currently I'm getting better audio streaming off a dodgy site.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That shouldn't be happening in the ATV app, you should receive stereo (5.1 isn't supported). Is it just GoT or the same with other content. Try restarting the ATV and/or removing the app then adding again to see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Andy!

I just checked an episode from season 6 which seems to be in stereo - it's only the newest (season 7) which is in mono.

Strange?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Could be an issue with the content files at NOW TV's end but I don't have an ATV to check. I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team and he can pass it on to be checked for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Could be an issue with the content files at NOW TV's end but I don't have an ATV to check. I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team and he can pass it on to be checked for you.

Thanks for this Andy, your help is appreciated =]

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Just to let you know our teams have investigated this issue and have rolled out a fix. 

All you need to do is update your Apple TV device. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl