cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV does not recognise username or password

Set up a new account for free 14 day trial on NOW website. Wont log into me Apple TV3. I have reset but still not working.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me. Says Apple login forbidden. But i can login in my laptop and other devices, but not on Apple tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works now.

i tried these,

1. Just had alphabets as my password

2. Updated my apple tv software

3. Restored my factory settings (note: I used now tv with a different account earlier, so this would have helped in the end).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for posting this fix. I had exactly the same problem and it has now been resolved.

Much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed you directly about this

Thanks

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed you directly about this

Thanks

Sue

NOW TV Team

My Apple TV says I'm signed in under settings but when I go to watch a movie it doesn't recognise that I already have a valid account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Username or password not recognised (on Apple TV) able to log in on nowtv box iPad iPhone etc. 

FIX for me was change my nowtv password to letters and numbers only no dash or other special characters. I bought my six month entertainment pass with the nowtv box so not via iTunes. Hope this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi purchased a Now TV 6 month pass last night no problems logging in on mac computer but Apple TV won,t accept password or user name, have changed password and checked usernam is correct,  any ideas ?    my only thought is the apple tv has a differant emaill address to my Now TV account, ? but they are both my emails addresses and accounts ?

Any help would be appreiated, I have read thought the comments in the forum but none seem to help

Regards   Pete

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There are two routes to logging into the Now TV app on the ATV, make sure you choose the NOW TV account option not the iTunes one. Also make sure your password has only letters and numbers in as special characters can sometimes cause a problem logging in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Yes tried both of those, Now TV login used and password only has letter and a couple numbers, but still no joy ? anything else to try ?