cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV(4) - Missing Episodes

Hi there

I've been watching Strike Back and noticed that on my 4th Gen AppleTV episodes 9 & 10 of Season 2 were missing. Frustrated, I bought them on iTunes. Now I'm on Season 4 and have found episodes 8, 9 & 10 missing, even though they are present on the online player.

So I thought I'll get them via my Mac and mirror to the AppleTV ...I have 76Mbit internet and have no problems streaming multiple channels in HD on YouTube, Netflix and other services, but NowTV is struggling to even keep up with standard video. It is dropping frames and losing sync between audio and video, to the point its unwatchable, if it's not jumping, it's going into involuntary fast-forward ...totally unwatchable.

I'm relatively new to the service and have watched Last of The Panthers, Fortitude and 24 without issue. Any feedback would be most welcome.

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With regards to the poor video and audio quality on your ATV 4, i am guessing you have tried rebooting your ATV and Router ?

Maybe this guide article linked below may be of some help.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Viewing-problems-Apple-TV

Also, who is your ISP and model of your Router and is your ATV4 connected via WiFi or Ethernet ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

May be I wasn't being very clear. The missing episodes on Apple TV are one thing, the technical problems are not with the Apple TV itself, but rather with the online player on the Mac. These became apparent whilst trying to work around the missing episodes.

The problem is not with my Mac or Apple TV, both of which work seamlessly with other services. I have BT Infinity and am literally on top of the streetside box, so my average upstream and downstream performance are both high. I use an Airport router instead of the BT Hub. There is no issue with the system's ability to mirror the Mac to the AppleTV, as I've tested that fully.

The erratic behaviour seems to be entirely down to the online player, from within Safari (or Firefox).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry that i misunderstood your above post, perhaps it was me not reading your post properly.

I have an ATV 3 connected over Ethernet to a BT HomeHub Router with average download speeds of 38 Mbps, where i have never encountered Video or Audio issues on my setup (which i know is not relevant).

I am not familiar with the Airport Router or using a Mac whilst watching nowtv via the Safari or Firefox internet browser.

Hopefully more knowledgeable community forum members who are more familiar with your setup can be of assistance and can help you out with your issues.

Also, check the Help Centre, to see if there are any help guides that can point you in the right direction.

Anyway good luck, hope you get sorted and sorry i couldn't help any further.