cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV 11.2 Beta “Match content” feature API

Hello,

Apple announced today as part of the Apple TV 4K 11.2 Beta there will be a match content feature that developers can use to match the video outpost to the app when open and revert back when closed.

It would be super awesome if NOWTV support this in Beta and drive through to live with switching the ATV4 video output to 50Hz

WHat do you thinks guys sounds reasonable request right?

P

12 REPLIES 12

Agreed.

But NOW TV need to do so much more to their app - like build a new one - first to massively improve the NOW TV experience on Apple TV 4 and 4K!

NOW TV is starting from below sea level as a base point right now as far as Apple TV 4 & 4K is concerned.

At present it's truly the most appalling way to watch NOW TV ever...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet Now TV remain silent. If they’re not going to ever do anything then just say so at this point.

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yet Now TV remain silent. If they’re not going to ever do anything then just say so at this point.

"Yes, exactly, yes"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's as much chance of that as there is of pigs sprouting wings.  

Now TV will never be updated on the Apple TV. It's abandonware.  Apple should kick it off the app store.  It's an utter disgrace. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just as an update to this thread the beta works well thankfully you can work around NOw TV not doing anything

I keep my Apple TV in 4K 50HZ SDR mode as standard which works well for NowTV/SkyNews/BBC IPlayer and all other U.K. tv services over airplay (BTSport/All4?amazon etc)

when you use Netflix or iTunes the Apple TV flips into the required frame rate/and definition (4K/HDR etc) and flips back after use.

I also use the channels app with a HD homerun  (so I only have 1 box for all my services-an Apple TV)

works very well

P

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Apple should kick it off the app store.  It's an utter disgrace."

Agreed. But really Apple should never have allowed previous-gen apps to be ported across in this manner. If NOW TV isn't sorted by the time the TV app comes to the UK, I'm done.

nickmorc
Expert 2

I for one, would be disapointed if they kicked off the current app, I would have it than not.

However, I do find it disapoitning that Now Tv have taken this stance with this platform.

I cant understand why Now Tv, just dont explain their reasoning, is it money, fallen out with Apple, something to do with Roku etc.

@nickmorc wrote:

I cant understand why Now Tv, just dont explain their reasoning, is it money, fallen out with Apple, something to do with Roku etc.

No it;s just the regular Sky way of doing business with their customers - "never apologise, never explain"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean the Murdoch way of doing business!