cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"This device has been modified...", but not rooted

Just started my trial and the app doesn't work with my MXQ box.

It isn't rooted, so the "how to unroot" guide doesn't work (when i open supersu it tells me there is no su binary installed and i need to root my device to make it work.)

Do i have to buy nowtv hardware to make this work?

Netflix and BBC iplayer work fine.

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ahve a brand new Umi Super phone running stock android 6.0 . It is unmodified in any way yet the App thinks it is and wont let me play!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the second post here for info that might help explain the issue

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Android-Frequently-Asked-Questions/m-p/267625#U267625

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same issue. The Umi Super is not "rooted" and is still unable to play NOW TV on the phone. I've tried everything including downloading #SuperSU which also stated the phone wasn't rooted. I'm at a dead end.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately some of the phones from Chinese manufacturers are modified at source or have other issues that result in them not passing the checks made by NOW TV. This results in the NOW TV app not working. You can read the comment from NOW TV staff on this related thread

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Elephone-P9000/m-p/385204/highlight/true#M3683

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just added the now tv app to my child's android tablet gone  through all the process downloading passwords to be told that the device has been modified now tv is not supported on this device remove modification to continue or try another device ....it's a brand new tablet with the latest android version....if I don't know what the modification is how can I remove it .....I was told it was a poor app and it is ..as it  stands I will be removing the now tv app....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that @Anonymous User there are some Android devices which can cause this message to pop up.

Could you let us know what make and model the tablet is?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi it's a polatab elite  Q 10.1   octocore x8  with the latest android version kit Kat I think 

I down loaded your now tv app the app loads and works up to the point where you play / stream videos but just comes up with the error message   

I wanted it for my daughter so she could watch the kids section on the now tv app but so far a sad face ...hope you can fix this  fingers crossed

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User To save time, you may want to jump on live chat to get more help.

• Click here
  • click on contact us at the bottom.
  • You will then see a live chat option. 🙂
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell us what error message you receive ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I just bought an Elephone P9000 and installed the NOW TV app. When I go to watch an episode though it says it can't because my device has been modified.
I'm just using it as I got it from the manufacturer. Does my phone not support the app or something?