cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"This device has been modified...", but not rooted

Just started my trial and the app doesn't work with my MXQ box.

It isn't rooted, so the "how to unroot" guide doesn't work (when i open supersu it tells me there is no su binary installed and i need to root my device to make it work.)

Do i have to buy nowtv hardware to make this work?

Netflix and BBC iplayer work fine.

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately cheap Chinese phones often come with security holes in them which stop the NOW TV app from running.

This guide to removing root might help http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Android-Frequently-Asked-Questions/m-p/279703#M2188

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. I have seen this article though, and SuperSU says my device is not rooted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I saw your having trouble viewing vids on your now TV and your using SuperSU I had the same problem all you gotta do is uninstall the SuperSU app and then it should work as it worked for me hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I saw your having trouble viewing vids on your now TV and your using SuperSU I had the same problem all you gotta do is uninstall the SuperSU app and then it should work as it worked for me hope this helps and if anyone else uses SuperSU just delete it and then check now TV again I bet it will work 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

Unfortunately this device does not support NOW TV as it could be modfied or rooted in some way. 

To see a full list of devices we do support on NOW TV please click here

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this message every time I try to play a movie yet it's not been rooted.
The device was brought brand new by myself so I know that for a fact, yet I have installed SuperSU like suggested and that came up with the message that it needs a rooted device.
I have had NowTV play on this device before and the only thing I've done since then is uninstall the app, then reinstall it.
Help Please! 

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User who advised you to do that? It seems by doing so you have rooted the device. Several apps including Now and some, possibly all, Banking apps won't work on rooted phones. Your options are unroot the phone and return it to its original state or if you want it rooted try a different device for those apps that don't work. If you don't want to use a different device or unroot you should cancel your subscriptions.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I followed the advice given on this very forum, which is there only reason I installed SuperSU....
IMG_1111.PNG
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And also...

IMG_1112.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also read the thread which mine has been combined with and none of the advice worked which is why I started a new thread