cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I would love this too, come on it cant be that difficult?!!

It's probably easier said than done. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another requesting Now TV app to be made available for Sony Bravia tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been 2 years since this post... How's it coming along? REALLY want to see an Android TV App in the near future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 for adding a simple UI for TV to the android app so it runs fine on Android TV - I don't want a Roku or NowTV box, thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really would make sense, especially as there is already Android based code ready to work with.

Even from a competitive standpoint sky would be mad to ignore it as Amazon and Netflix are already there...

I for one would be very happy! Smiley Happy In fact when I got my new Sony yesterday I thought 'Android, sorted for NowTV' - I was really surprised to find out otherwise Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just thought I'd stop by here to also voice my interest in an Android TV app!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another interested voice over here! An Android TV app would be great!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I have not renewed my subscription to entertainment as there is no Android TV app, I only want one box so either add netflix to the nowtv box, or add the nowtv app to Android TV or FireTV.

I'll be renewing my sub once there is an app on either Android TV or Fire TV. 

Deciding now whether to order the new Fire TV box or the Nvidia Shield TV that was released today, decisions, decisions.

Cheers, Des.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add another interested party to the list.  Was also very surprised to find no app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another vote for Android TV.

I did ask the question months ago and ultimately didn't renew my subscription because this doesn't exist. 

Unless it's a matter of licensing (which is absolutely rediculous), it isn't that hard... http://developer.android.com/training/tv/start/start.html