cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Andy B

As far as I can see, modern LG Smart TVs run on WebOS 3.5, not Android, plus SMD is usually on top of these kinds of detail and is hardly ever wrong about them.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue I will never buy a Sony again. I have a Samsung TV it’s just better in every way. It is smart.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been waiting ages too.

As with HD (not hopeless 720) and 4K, HDR etc, Now TV won't support decent technology (eg Sony Android TV) because they want you to drop it and move to £100/month Sky TV.

They intentionally keep ow TV at the bottom of the tech pile for this reason.

Damn shame and shoddy marketing/product positioning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on this yet? Can't believe there's no Android TV Sony/Shield app. Though tbf theres so many great shows on Netflix and Amazon recently I'm not really missing it. But in a couple of years when GoT is back...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't imagine that the app for Sony TVs has not yet been developed since the issue was originally reported 2.5 years ago. Can Now TV officially advise us why they haven't come up with the app yet? I do not want to keep one of my HDMI socket occupied by Now TV box, as I have dished out more money to buy Bravia android tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys get this sorted!!!! I’d rather spend £7 on a day pass watching certain sports events than use a free streaming site with poor quality. How much revenue are you missing out on !!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also like if there was a Now TV app for the Sony TV, but to be fair, you can use the app from your phone and cast it to the TV which has Google cast built-in. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased a Sony android tv thinking and mis-informed that it was just like normal android..ie all the same apps...

Wrong ...no NOW TV which I use often.

Once I knew there was no app I just opened it up on my tablet and went to cast to the tv.....BUT the tablet and TV just stall......as soon as I come out of casting the channel returns!

Please sort at an app out!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why it does not let me cast from my phone to TV

every time I try it stops streaming and come with message saying we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV.

Is there a solution around this problem or is it just to force people to buy now TV boxes

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. NOW TV don't officially support GoogleCast ('Chromecast built in') on Android TVs although odd people do seem to have got it working in the past. You'd probably get a better response from other Sony TV users if you post on Sony's community where hopefully someone can offer advice

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/english-community/ct-p/en