cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Hello,

I'm using the casting function to my Sony Android TV. Will there be a fully fledged app for it?

Thanks.
Ashley

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No native support for NowTV yet, however the inbuilt Chromecast works well
and is quite convenient.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I'll ween little one off the paid kids TV. Sky one appears to be Simpsons reruns and James Corden (can't stand)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm signed up for beta so feel free to contact me when you are ready to support an OS which has been integrated in to to of the range TVs for years now. It's not hard to add leanback support to an existing Android app 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast is a bit of a pain to teach a four year old to use
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to add my +1 to this, the Chromecast app isnt really any good as it requires you to have the mobile you have paired with your TV next to you at all times... which isn't really practical if you want to go out and leave someone else with the TV.

I am sick of having tons of remotes, and really given that Android TV is being added to multiple manufacturers devices it is really time for a native app on the platform.

PLEASE PLEASE NOW TV, can we have a native app, I'll buy you sweets if you provide one, i promise Smiley Very Happy

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I have used an old phone previously to control Chromecast. One with no sim.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You support a now tv app for other smart TV's so why not for Sony?
LG android TV's have your app and Sony is a much more established brand.
Sony have said they are waiting for now tv to provide the app so what are you guys waiting for?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... LG televisions don't run the on the Android operating system. And neither do Samsung televisions.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5