Highlighted
Regular 2

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

Chromecast is a bit of a pain to teach a four year old to use
First Poster

I want to add my +1 to this, the Chromecast app isnt really any good as it requires you to have the mobile you have paired with your TV next to you at all times... which isn't really practical if you want to go out and leave someone else with the TV.

I am sick of having tons of remotes, and really given that Android TV is being added to multiple manufacturers devices it is really time for a native app on the platform.

PLEASE PLEASE NOW TV, can we have a native app, I'll buy you sweets if you provide one, i promise Smiley Very Happy

Champion 1

@PepUK I have used an old phone previously to control Chromecast. One with no sim.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Occasional Poster

You support a now tv app for other smart TV's so why not for Sony?
LG android TV's have your app and Sony is a much more established brand.
Sony have said they are waiting for now tv to provide the app so what are you guys waiting for?
Champion 4

Hi @andybathe,

Just-so-you-know... LG televisions don't run the on the Android operating system. And neither do Samsung televisions.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Champion 4

[ Edited ]

Yes 100% really @andybathe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smart_TV_platforms_and_middleware_software#Current_smart_TV_pl...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Mentor 3

@andybathe @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Andy B

As far as I can see, modern LG Smart TVs run on WebOS 3.5, not Android, plus SMD is usually on top of these kinds of detail and is hardly ever wrong about them.

UK Bob

First Poster

Been 2 years since this post... How's it coming along? REALLY want to see an Android TV App in the near future.