cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is it telling me I can't stream to another device, when I'm NOT!

I can't watch ANYTHING on my RAZER phone, it tells me I'm trying to stream when I'm not!!
** HELP! **
12 REPLIES 12
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I can't watch ANYTHING on my RAZER phone, it tells me I'm trying to stream when I'm not!!
** HELP! **

I just tried my Razer phone to play there now @Anonymous User and it worked fine, no issues.  I'll post a screen here and another screen below to match my settingsScreenshot_20180401-184627.pngScreenshot_20180401-184104.png

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
** HELP! **

I just tried my Razer phone to play there now @Anonymous User and it worked fine, no issues.  I'll post a screen here and another screen below to match my settings. Thanks. 

@Anonymous User Are you completely up to to date and you aren't using the developer image of Oreo on the phone. Thanks. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
** HELP! **

I just tried my Razer phone to play there now @Anonymous User and it worked fine, no issues.  I'll post a screen here and another screen below to match my settings. Thanks. 

@Anonymous User Are you completely up to to date and you aren't using the developer image of Oreo on the phone. Thanks. 

Also @Anonymous User What did you try to play? Was it Movies, Entertainment or Sports? Or all 3? And what is the exact error?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing from mobile to full....... Now I find attachments!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Changing from mobile to full....... Now I find attachments!

@Anonymous User I have the phone less than a month too but i love it. One of the best pieces of Kits i've ever experienced. Now, tell me this. When you go to display are you on 1440p or 1080p (FHD) and also what is your refresh rate set at? 60Hz, 90Hz or 120Hz? I have mine set to 120Hz and it plays nicely. Also, i see you have a CAST icon on the top right hand corner on your status bar. Can you tell me what you are casting? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another one......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tony, I've had the phone less than a month (it's the razor gaming phone, NOT the Motorola Razer!) It says it's up to date, I'm trying to watch entertainment package and it says I can't stream over hdmi!!!
I've taken screenshots, but don't know how to post them!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tony, sorry for delayed response, I'm on 1440 @120hz, I have NO IDEA what that cast icon is for as I am not casting to anything, it was working suddenly for a short while, then I got the message again (this time with no cast icon!), So I reset my phone, and it's working again..... I presume briefly, I hope I don't have to reset my phone each time I want to use now TV!??!
Well thanks for your help, but I'm stumped!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Anonymous User Tony, sorry for delayed response, I'm on 1440 @120hz, I have NO IDEA what that cast icon is for as I am not casting to anything, it was working suddenly for a short while, then I got the message again (this time with no cast icon!), So I reset my phone, and it's working again..... I presume briefly, I hope I don't have to reset my phone each time I want to use now TV!??!
Well thanks for your help, but I'm stumped!

Exact same way i'm running. As far as i know there are some bugs with the current software our Razer phones are using but i wouldn't worry about it, as we are getting Android 8.1 this month which should iron out a few bugs. Hopefully this HDMI Streaming is a bug and it gets fixed. If not, can you please report back here after the update if you have any problems @Anonymous User?

Source: https://www.androidcentral.com/android-81-oreo-coming-razer-phone-april

"On its Twitter account, Razer confirmed that it'll be skipping Android 8.0 and simply updating the Razer Phone to 8.1."

Thanks, and enjoy the phone. Best phone on the market. Fact haha.