cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Unfortunately now tv has stopped'

I am having trouble with the now tv app on android - I cannot get the app to open at all

I am using a new asus ZenPad 8.0 running Android 6.0.1 and the now tv app version is the latest available on Google play

I have tried clearing the app cache and data and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with no success. Please can someone provide a fix?

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob

Thanks for replying here

The "Unfortunately now tv has stopped" message appears as soon as I try to Launch the Now TV app on my Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580CA

So far I have tried:

Clearing the App cache

Uninstalling and reinstalling the App

Clear Dalvic cache

Soft reset of the device

Hard (Factory) reset of the device

Hard (Factory) reset of the device followed by setup with a new Google user account so no settings are restored with my account

but no luck so far

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Sorry to know none of the above has helped. 😞

Our agents are trying to get back to you as soon as possible sadly we have been overrun with cases at our end. 😞

Have you tried removing the device from the device list and then relaunching the app? If not can you please try that? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have bought new ASUS Z580 tablets for both my husband and myself for Christmas and get the same response after installing the App. Had ASUS 7" tablets before and the App worked fine on them. Have checkes that the system is not rooted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem on a brand new unroofed Asus zenpad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had that error message regularly on my Lenovo Tab 2. But the app still "worked" if repeatedly started. 

I've just upgraded to a brand new Lenovo yoga book and now I have the exact same problem as you.  As soon as I try to open the app "unfortunately,  nowTV has stopped working" and it shuts down.  The app cannot be started at all.  Again, tried all the usual things in an attempt to get it working but no joy.

Somewhat irritating that all my other apps (most developed for free)  work flawlessly, but the app I pay over £15 a month to use, plays up like hell on old tech and doesn't work at all on new tech!! Certainly won't be continuing to pay if I can't watch it!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User

Hi Guys,

We think we've Identified the issue. Could we ask you to download the Beta app and try again?

Please let me know the results here.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J

No problem, although how do I get the beta app? I'm not seeing it in the google play store at the moment.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User. @Anonymous User
@Anonymous User wrote:

@Simon-J

No problem, although how do I get the beta app? I'm not seeing it in the google play store at the moment.

Sorry guys, should have said.

Search for the NOW TV App on the Google Play Store, scroll to the bottom and select “I’M IN’ under become a beta tester’. Any problems let me know.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Simon-J - I've just updated, and it all seems to be working fine now. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can happily confirm this fixes the issue on lenovo yoga book!!! 

I've yet to test everything but it plays on the tablet. If it remains stable and keeps connection whilst casting through chromecast, i'll be over the ###### moon as thats been the bain of my life for months!!!!