cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

System modified can not run now TV app on tablet

Hi. I have a tecwizz tablet given to my daughter this Christmas running 4.4.2 KitKat. I can run the now TV app to watch the kids TV. You can see the programs and select them but when they go to play it says my system has benn modified and now TV can not run.

Can anyone help.
7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Toner

Without examining your daughter's tablet, it seems that someone has modified it, in other words "jail broken" it.

Technically inclined amateurs have a habit of "jail braking" their tablets and smart phones in order gain and install extra facilities, which are not sanctioned by the manufacturers' of the original products.  So any product "jail broken" automatically looses their manufacturer's guarantee and any right to run and operate legally approved native or third party apps, facilities and functions.

Since Now TV is an approved third party app it will not run, or is allowed to run, on your daughter's  "jail broken" tablet.

Finally, I've not heard of the brand of tablet you've got but it may be one of those re-badged and pre-jail broken ones that are available from smaller outlets, whether pre-jail broken or not Now TV will not run on this tablet.

Sorry

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sadly, most, if not all of these cheap Chinese produced devices arrive into the EU 'jail broken' in one way or another Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am not 100% sure what that means. I have read that supersu app might be
able to unroot my system to make it work. Would I be wasting my time. Thank
you.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi again Toner

"Jail braking" tablets or smart phones is the making of unauthorised modifications in order to remove some or all inbuilt restrictions.

Sorry, can't help with your "Supersu" question.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. I don't really understand what jail breaking means. I just
assume i buy and android tablet and it should work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am also having a problem but cannot do anything about this for another month as only one a month and would put it on my phone instead.. however, the tablet is not bought by a dodgy source and is a prestige tablet.. it has not been modified in any way and is not a *jail * whatever that means

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the make and model number of your tablet?

Cheers