cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app won't play on my Android tablet

Sometime ago I used to watch films on my tablet but now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I have uinstalled and reinstalled, cleared the cache but still getting the same error message: SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT. GIVE IT A MOMENT OR CHECK NOWTV.COM/STATUS FOR UP DATES (ERROR:0 X 29). Is there anything you can do to help? The funny thing is that it works on my phone just not my tablet. The people on live chat were not helpful at all. Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have an android time 2 tablet and for some reason it won't let me watch films it says my tablet has been altered but nothings been done to it and works on my other tablet 

@Anonymous User To add to GaryL's post, was your tablet bought in the UK or abroad? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem and the chat line people  cannot solve. What should I do? Not fair that I should pay for a service I cannot access

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Nigel

You may not know this but if your tablet has been modified, e.g. jail broken, the NowTV app will not play on it and there is nothing further you can do.

I don't know if you bought your tablet pre-jail broken, i.e. like some Chinese made models, or had it modified, either way NowTV does not/will not work on jail broken tablets or smart phones.

Sorry

UK Bob

PS. If you had your tablet modified then maybe you can get a repair shop to return it back to it's pre-modified state.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to watch the football tonight bought a day pass added the voucher all ok but it won’t stream to mobile devices but it’s a android tv box for my tv please help I need it for tonight
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I want to watch the football tonight bought a day pass added the voucher all ok but it won’t stream to mobile devices but it’s a android tv box for my tv please help I need it for tonight

@Anonymous User Unforutnately NOW TV won't run on any form of android box as it is now. Believe me, i tried with my own Android Box and it would load the app, but as soon as i tried to play anything it gave me the same error code you are getting. You have any other devices? Like a playstaion, xbox, even Chromecast?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem is obviously still not solved as I am getting ox23 when trying to load programmes to my Galaxy T520.

Been through all of the steps listed and have answered positively to all the questions listed in email communications. Still not seeing any resolution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try this:

1. Go to Nowtv account > devices

2. Remove the device not working

3. Open the now TV player nd try play something

Worked for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv wont play on my android  tablet

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Well, you are in exactly the right thread for this.

Go back to the first posting, and work through all the suggested applicable solutions (like any thread, there are always a few irrelevant side trips with people complaining they can’t get NowTV on their muffin toaster, and so on). 

Do let let us know what works for you if/when you get it going....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.