cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app not playing on Padfone S tablet

Had nowtv for over 2 years. My android device is the Padfone S that is both a mobile which can dock to become a tablet. Never before had a problem with watching nowtv in tablet mode, but today tried to watch a film and an error message came up saying that the film can't be watched off the mobile using HDMI. Tried resetting the phone in tablet mode, but no fix. Hopefully an exception can be made for this phone, or at least this HDMI rule can be removed as I don't understand why stopping a phone connected via HDMI is any different to a PS4 playing via HDMI. Surely it still counts as one device allowance, and allows the user to display on a larger display which is the whole point of why I have this phone/tablet combination.
2 REPLIES 2
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi there @Anonymous User. 

I will tag @Anonymous User for you, he might be able to help you. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The way the Now TV app was built was to prevent the ability to use a HDMI source as a Main screen if you will from the initial device being watched on i.e Tablets and Phones plus laptops however their is a way around this on a Laptop by making the TV the main desktop screen. Tablets and phones don't have that option unfortunately. I'm not sure how you were able to use this in the past however it should not have been possible. The app is made that way due to agreements with the studios that provide content to our service. And as much as we would love to have the option available at present its just not possible.

Thanks

Eddie