cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app, Chromebook, Mirror cast...no picture

I’ve got an Acer R11 Chromebook, I’ve downloaded the NowTV app onto it from the Play Store and it works fine if I play a movie through that app normally on the Chromebook. However as soon as plug it into my projector via hdmi cable, the Chromebook mirrors the screen. Initially it looks fine, I can see the laptop screen and the app window on the wall. When I click play though the app doesn’t display the picture. I get the sound just now picture. As soon as I unplug the cable the picture appears....any ideas?

Many thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I’ve got an Acer R11 Chromebook, I’ve downloaded the NowTV app onto it from the Play Store and it works fine if I play a movie through that app normally on the Chromebook. However as soon as plug it into my projector via hdmi cable, the Chromebook mirrors the screen. Initially it looks fine, I can see the laptop screen and the app window on the wall. When I click play though the app doesn’t display the picture. I get the sound just now picture. As soon as I unplug the cable the picture appears....any ideas?

Many thanks.

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm quite surprised that you been able to get NowTV working on your chrome book at allSmiley Surprised officially NowTV doesn't support chrome books in any capacity. So you've been lucky in one respect.

However the reason why you can't play NowTV content when using your projector is because the NowTV android/play store app doesn't support playback to external devices. That being said, you would usually receive an error message when trying to playback content. When using an protector the other thing to bear in mind is that sometimes projectors aren't fully HDCP compliant. Usually when you get a HDCP compliance problem you will get a funny coloured picture, no picture or no sound. 

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get it working with your projector because this could well be caused by a mixture of both of the issues I've mentioned above. What you could try to do that as I previously mentioned, this isn't supported you could try outputting to a TV with HDMI rather than the projector and see what happens.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Many thanks.

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm quite surprised that you been able to get NowTV working on your chrome book at allSmiley Surprised officially NowTV doesn't support chrome books in any capacity. So you've been lucky in one respect.

However the reason why you can't play NowTV content when using your projector is because the NowTV android/play store app doesn't support playback to external devices. That being said, you would usually receive an error message when trying to playback content. When using an protector the other thing to bear in mind is that sometimes projectors aren't fully HDCP compliant. Usually when you get a HDCP compliance problem you will get a funny coloured picture, no picture or no sound. 

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get it working with your projector because this could well be caused by a mixture of both of the issues I've mentioned above. What you could try to do that as I previously mentioned, this isn't supported you could try outputting to a TV with HDMI rather than the projector and see what happens.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys i have a lenovo chromebook , and have now tv working fine on it,but when i try to mirror it onto my tv, everything mirrors fine , except now tv i get sound but no plcture, any suggestions guys

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried doing it through chrome browser instead of the app?