cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
BicBasher
Elite

I've got NOW TV to work on a budget Sony Xperia E1 for £59 and a Motorola Moto E which is also in the budget range.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just got a zte blade s6 and im getting an error message 

sorry we dont support HDMI streaming from mobile devices

i am trying to watch now tv on phone not through my tv any advice onhow to correct this error message?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, are you still having issues with this? can you try deleting the app and then re-install please. Do you have any other mobile device you can try on also and see if it occurs on that too.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yesstil having problems i have reinstalled the app and its just the same 

dont have any other device to try it out on 

cheers peter

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you tell us your Android version and the NOW TV app version as well? 

Would it be possible for you to send us a screen shot of the error (with your next reply)?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

the now tv app version is 4.2.1

android version is 5.0.2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the details and the photo.

I'll forward these to our tech team to be looked into.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Our technical team is aware of the issue. There's a fix coming that will make it work on some devices.

At the moment, we cannot provide any specific dates.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same message, keep being told,- i also have a cheap chinese tablet, 5.0.2 - well as for the technical team, who r they and why are they not on hear, oh u guess there probably one one or two, anyway now tv ive canceled, u are so slow to do anything, make fun of people using cheap tablets, and expect people to pay for the top of the range devices, so bye bye, 

listen up sky, if u wanna make money u have to be with the mass market, get a grip this is not the 1980's 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... u are so slow to do anything, make fun of people using cheap tablets, and expect people to pay for the top of the range devices, so bye bye, 

Hmmm...

I don't consider my Tesco Hudl2 (with Apex launcher) to be a "top of the range device"... Smiley Wink