cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I would also like to add that I own the lenovo yoga tab 3 pro which has a built in projector.  When trying to project your service onto a wall using my tablets 'Built-in' feature, it still classes as a HDMI out which is frustrating to say the least as this is the main reason for me spending £400 on a tablet and paying for your service.  Should there not be an exception in this circumstance?

Thanks,

Oliver

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This is a valid point. The license that covers Android devices would not cover any external playback methods across all devices which would be why you can't use the functionality.

I will mention this to the developers but again, as the license for android only covers that screen I doubt this would be possible. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a Lenovo Tab 3 Pro and would like to be able to use the projector for NOWTV - what gives? It's not an issue with either Amazon Prime or Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What an absolute farce, I have just wasted nearly 2 hours setting this up. Having signed up to a google play account downaloaded the app and then told that you can't watch it on your big screen due to whatever nonsense they come up with. Chromecast is an option but an expensive add on to an unnecessary requirement. Absolutely fuming and wish I'd read the OP's post prior to getting so annoyed with this tin pot service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using 4.4.4 android system.

Now TV loads and it lets me log on but when I attempt to watch a program it tells me that the tablet has been updated and Now TV won't run.

It tells me to uninstall the update.

As far as I know I haven't updated anything

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean ultra 6... 

NowTV is not confused.... it knows more about these nasty Chinese phones than the user does...

The Device  has been Heavily modded and has lots of bloat ware added to the android OS...

With all this modification that was done, Lots of Mirror mode Scripting was Left Permanently ON and ready for usage. the user is unable to disable them at all... as the Android skin has the options to disable the scripts removed... Mirror modes are not supported by the licensing NowTV has... so the app disables usage as long as they are on...

This is not new issues this is a very common issue with really cheap chinese mobiles... with custom skins of Android were options are forced on... Mirror modes are not supported

Take it back and get a proper brand... HTC, Samsung Phone, you'll be waiting years for a fix as its the cheapest junk they could get  for the lowest tarrif they do and vodafone wont care... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's possible that some of the default settings on the device are making our app think that you're trying to play NOW TV via an HDMI connection, but we'll do what we can to help (no promises we can get it working though). Are you definitely not trying to screen mirror in any way, eg. over WiFi or Bluetooth rather than an HDMI cable?

Can you let us know the Android version the device is using? It should be in Settings > About > Software information, or a similar location.

If it's not possible to get it to work, you could still use your NOW TV subscription on other devices, or you could maybe ask Vodafone if they'll swap it for an alternative pack.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

I have spent hours going round in circles trying to cancel mt nowtv membership. eventually i have cancelled the payment. please give me contact information so i can do this properly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User all you have to do is click the My Account link in the top right corner of this page, then you'll see a section on the right of that page called "My Passes". Just click the "Cancel" button next to any pass that you want to cancel.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah i have the same issue on another android device with 5.0.2 , i too was told by mod's the same about chinese heavy mod bloatware etc etc.... people seem to think everyone must have premium brands, well lets get real, people don't! android 5.0.2 was reworked because of the many many issues android 5.0 had - also why i do find strange is that Virgin Media Anytime app works perfect with Android 5.0.2 strange as theres more contect