cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear you're unable to play out. The team are looking for a fix and it should be very soon. We will put this to the tech team who will be in touch as soon as it's been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also fell for the Now TV HDMI Trap. On holiday, thought it would be nice for the family to watch a film. Bought a £16 lead for my android tablet. Spent a £10 on the now TV movie subscription. Just as the movie is about to play, you get a message saying HDMI streaming not supported. We are now huddled around a 7" screen trying to watch Never Ending Story - thanks a bunch Now TV - how about putting some info on your website.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did too have the hdmi issue, and was told on hear by the usual suspects, that it was my tablet was a cheap from china, or high mod or rooted - but hey since Now tv updated their app, it now works, how strange (did my tablet increase in value) or changed contry of make? No 

my guess is the bigger the company the bigger the mess up, still it seems to work now, for how long? is now tv guess, 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As far as I'm aware, connecting any make/model of Android tablet or phone to your television via HDMI is not supported when playing NOW TV content...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the device  for my mother from tesco's just before christmas with a free 2 day pass to the sky sports. My verdict : awfull awfull awfull, it won't let you log in it wants your credit card details when the idea is know contract. Im taking it back to tesco's for a full refund as they are the point of sale. Should have known it was to goodto be true. If know joy from tesco's it small claims court to which the total cost is somewhat more £15 for box £65 court fee my time of 2 hour logging the paper work £215 pus £500 for miss representation for a product £ 795 and i will win will keep you posted

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought the device  for my mother from tesco's just before christmas....

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear you're having 'no-joy' with your Now TV product. Which raises my question: -

Can you please confirm which make and model of Now TV device you purchased. Is it an Android device?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

The terms and conditions for using a NowTV box are fairly straight forward

By supplying card details it doesn't mean you'll be charged anything ( except refundable 10p) if you do things properly.

Hope you get your refund from Tesco but your threat of small claims court gave me best laugh of the day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I use now TV through a roku box typically but on that go I have an old xperia S phone with a dedicated hmdi output.
Very annoying for me that isn't an option. Doesn't make sense to me
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I connected my nowtv box via HDMI to my TV - works perfectly.

I can connect my xbox via HDMI to my TV - works perfectly.

I can replace either with my ipad and get the message "does not support HDMI", which is patently ridiculous.

(iplayer, itv, 4od, netflix and amazon all work)

I got a deal on the box/subscription, will not be renewing when it's run out

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the functionality of the iPad app.

Unfortunately, this function isn't available on iOS as this is a standalone device, different to the apps designed to function on televisions.

It also can be attributed to license agreements as NOW TV shows Live Programming from various studios.

I hope this helps clarify some of your questions. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team