cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I am having the original error. Can't play on hdmi device when trying to play it directly on my s8 via the app
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

Are you viewing NOW TV content on your phones screen or do you have your phone connected via HDMI to an external display screen? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I am viewing it on my phone not connected to anything
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Another question @Anonymous User,

Is your Android phone running its 'as bought' UK service provider operating system?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep brand new Samsung s8 on latest software the app used to work on my old don't which I have now signed out off