cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alcatel are owned by Chinese TLC  group. The 5.0.2 OS Will be a modified OS install... with out the bug fixes that other brands will have done... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for that well its now TV that's gonna loose out cos for a 130 notes this is gonna be one hell of a seller with keyboard and 4g lte

And in fairness android should get a grip too 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Cheers for that well its now TV that's gonna loose out cos for a 130 notes this is gonna be one hell of a seller with keyboard and 4g lte

Back in April I bought myself a refurbished Hudl2 from Tesco for just £79.00. It works fine with NOW TV Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ironbeam wrote: 

Open source OS'es can't force a fixed standard, thats what open source means to OEM's... mess it up as much as you like... and you don't even have to pay us to mess it up the way you want to...

Thats the issue Google are now forced to deal with, with Android TV 5.0 were they have forced specific GUI layout requirements and App developers won't build to those specs, so apps won't release on Android TV 5.0... So no apps with big screen GUI get done... so you end up with this... no big screen mode compliance...

Screenshot_2015-07-04-21-49-19.pngKinda happy never moved up to Android 5.0 and Stayed on 4.4.4... because most fablets never get updates as they go legacy quickly... Don't  get HP they show that only to well... With how quick the slate tabs get naffal support...    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well the fact is either now tv does or they don't if they don't then im not gonna buy another tablet, ill just cancel the service! simple there loss, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for posting on the help forum.

Sorry your having an issue on your device.

Could you let us know what is the error message you're seeing on screen.

Cheers

James

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ya 

The Message i have is as follows

'' Sorry, we don't support hdmi streaming to your tv from mobile devies, but don'tworry, there are loads of ways to get now tv on your big screen, watch it with apple tv, chromecast, your x-box or playstation or the now tv box, find out more at nowtv.com''

We i can 100 say my android device does not have a hdmi out - nor am i trying to stream to a larger screen 

My android is 5.0.2 - alcatel P360x - 9.7inch 4g lte device 

Clearly there seems to be a support issue, the app is valid to download from the offical apps store and log in on the device, no other error messages occur, other than the above, when you click play icon on a selected episode.

Thanx 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a load of rubbish this is error is!!! I am now unable to watch NowTV on my phone since a recent NowTV update. I do not have a crappy budget phone... I have a top of the range £400 Oppo Find 7 running Android 5.0.

Logged with NowTV's '(un) helpful' support team and was told to just remove/reinstall the App!! When this didn't work (unsuprisngly!) just got left with it must be your phone and tough luck basically!  NowTV reponse....

"Usually you receive this error on your Android phones when you make some modifications in settings on your Android device. With all this modification, lots of mirror mode scripting was left permanently ON and ready for usage. The user is unable to disable them at all.

Mirror modes are not supported by the licensing NOW TV, so the app disables usage as long as they are on."

How is this 'Mirror Mode' any different to using Chromecast or Airplay that is is supported - surely it's the same principle of streaming to a TV?? Not that I am even trying to use it! The error is clearly wrong too as it states HDMI streaming rather than this Mirror Mode! WiFi display is all disabled on the phone too. Why has this check been introduced?

How is it that NowTV used to work perfectly fine on this phone and now it doesn't?? The whole point of me purchasing NowTV was to watch at home on my Xbox One and have the ability to continue watching on-the-go using my phone... very frustrating to go from a very good service to a very crap service oivernight, with equally poor customer support to match!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear you're having issues viewing on your phone. I can appreciate that your phone is of a high quality spec but as it has been manufactured in China the compatibility with a UK streaming service may not work. I can also appreciate that it may have worked before but as you've mentioned since the update the app probably picked up on this and therefore will not allow you to play out.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused that may have been caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a standard non rooted sony xperia M2. Since android kitkat to lollipop update nowtv version 4.2.1 doesnt work anymore,im getting a nowtv " does not support hdmi streaming " error message.im not using hdmi on my phone,it doesnt have that facility