cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: NowTV on Android is a CON!

@ironbeam that's a budget Android device, so it's possible that it came rooted, or with HDMI mirroring enabled from the manufacturer (this is normally done via the USB port, so the phone/tablet doesn't have doesn't have to have an HDMI port).

You could try checking through these steps, but other than that, I'm afraid there's nothing else we can suggest to get it working.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: NOW TV is Confused

Thanks @ScottyC7, I've passed on that information to the Android team and will update you if there's any good news. 

Tom

AGrumpyDad
Contributor 1

Your device has an MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) compatible Micro USB 2.0 port. It is possible that the OS is misinterpretting a charger as accessing the MHL functions, particularly if you are charging from a PC. Of course this does not apply if your device is not connected to any MHL/OTG/USB cables. But it is the first thing that I thought of when you mentioned the message.

0 Thanks
ironbeam
Contributor 1

My device is only conntect via bluetooth keyboard and yes although it may be a budget device, alcatel is still a decent make, and £130 notes hardly budget compared to sub £50 marketed laptops, intresting to not that a i have prestigia 3g tablet cost £89 and it works just fine, 

Maybe sky should consider stopping these restrictions because if they cannot use rooted devies and other issues that prevent it from working then they have just losse a massive amount of business 

if this is done for copyright issues etc blah blah, then why would some pay for a legal service? 

There seems to be a ever growing list of non-compatable devices vs the ones that are also android needs to get a grip too, 

But hey listen now tv, no decent android support = no sale! = no now tv

GraphiteGB
Expert 2

Alcatel are owned by Chinese TLC  group. The 5.0.2 OS Will be a modified OS install... with out the bug fixes that other brands will have done... 

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
ironbeam
Contributor 1

Cheers for that well its now TV that's gonna loose out cos for a 130 notes this is gonna be one hell of a seller with keyboard and 4g lte

And in fairness android should get a grip too 

Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@ironbeam wrote:

Cheers for that well its now TV that's gonna loose out cos for a 130 notes this is gonna be one hell of a seller with keyboard and 4g lte

And in fairness android should get a grip too 

Back in April I bought myself a refurbished Hudl2 from Tesco for just £79.00. It works fine with NOW TV Smiley Wink

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

James-G
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @ironbeam

Thanks for posting on the help forum.

Sorry your having an issue on your device.

Could you let us know what is the error message you're seeing on screen.

Cheers

James

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
jamesrichard
First Poster

Hi Tom,

I have spent hours going round in circles trying to cancel mt nowtv membership. eventually i have cancelled the payment. please give me contact information so i can do this properly

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@jamesrichard all you have to do is click the My Account link in the top right corner of this page, then you'll see a section on the right of that page called "My Passes". Just click the "Cancel" button next to any pass that you want to cancel.

Thanks,

Tom