cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is Confused

Just got the new Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 phone with the lovely option of having the NOW TV Entertainment pack added into my deal. Only problem is every time I go to watch anything on my phone the same message keeps popping up.

' Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But don't worry, there are loads of ways to get NOW TV on your big screen. Watch it with Apple TV, Chromecast, your xbox or playstation, or the NOW TV box. Find out more at nowtv.com'.

Now this is all very nice information however Im not intrested in watching it on my TV or through any other device. I simply want to watch it on my phone like I did previous android phones. And to my knowledge I haven't set up anything to play it through my TV so whats happening here? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I can't even find any options regarding this option.
Anyone else having this problem?
Is it easy to solve?
Or have I simply been scammed?
84 REPLIES 84
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, define cheap. I have a Huawei ee eagle tablet. It works on that. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not the one who is to define what is cheap or not my device cost £130 - made by alcatel, however if u look at many posts with issues with using the now tv on many android devices - some of the mainly regulars, say heavy mod, cheap chineese make,  followed by a list of devices being copyed and pasted over and over again, 

so its for them to answer, but i think its a fob off to anyone - who cannot get now tv to work, yes there are many device that work, but i bet there are many many more that don't, - does now tv want my sub, or not, i really could not care! much now, ive canceled 

but its also worth remembering looking at some of the latest feedback, on google app comments that some devices worked and now don't? 

my virgin media app works very well, but that does support 5.0.2 heavy mod device, i guess, but i guess that open the flood gate for people to say how bad virginmedia is, but that work, and Now Tv does not! how good is that - they must have similar licences 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User-R Hi Tom thanks for getting back to me. I'm definitely not trying to screen mirror. Im using it in my truck at different truck stops over Britian using either their WiFi, BT Openzone or 4G Data. But get same message everytime. The Android verison is 5.0.2 hope that helps. I do use it on xbox when I'm at home but the whole reason I got it was to enjoy all my programs when I'm sitting in a layby somewhere. So really hoping this can be sorted or vodafone are doing false advertising. Thank again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User, I've passed on that information to the Android team and will update you if there's any good news. 

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User-R just writing to see if there's been any update on my issue please as that's been a week now and had no news. Thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately I'm unable to confirm whether there will be any news on this, let alone the timescale. I passed the information on, and if there's anything our Android team can do, they will.

It does look to be down to the way the software is set up on the device though, which is beyond our control.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a load of rubbish this is error is!!! I am now unable to watch NowTV on my phone since a recent NowTV update. I do not have a crappy budget phone... I have a top of the range £400 Oppo Find 7 running Android 5.0.

Logged with NowTV's '(un) helpful' support team and was told to just remove/reinstall the App!! When this didn't work (unsuprisngly!) just got left with it must be your phone and tough luck basically!  NowTV reponse....

"Usually you receive this error on your Android phones when you make some modifications in settings on your Android device. With all this modification, lots of mirror mode scripting was left permanently ON and ready for usage. The user is unable to disable them at all.

Mirror modes are not supported by the licensing NOW TV, so the app disables usage as long as they are on."

How is this 'Mirror Mode' any different to using Chromecast or Airplay that is is supported - surely it's the same principle of streaming to a TV?? Not that I am even trying to use it! The error is clearly wrong too as it states HDMI streaming rather than this Mirror Mode! WiFi display is all disabled on the phone too. Why has this check been introduced?

How is it that NowTV used to work perfectly fine on this phone and now it doesn't?? The whole point of me purchasing NowTV was to watch at home on my Xbox One and have the ability to continue watching on-the-go using my phone... very frustrating to go from a very good service to a very crap service oivernight, with equally poor customer support to match!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

How is this 'Mirror Mode' any different to using Chromecast or Airplay that is is supported - surely it's the same principle of streaming to a TV??

Airplay isn't supported, and Chromecast works by the phone passing the asset and user information to the Chromecast which then authenticates with NOW TV as an additional device and streams directly from their CDN only passing back playback information to the phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good news everyone. As im the original writer of this post I'd thought I should tell you's all that the new update which installed yesterday as made the Now TV App finally work on my Chinese model Phone 🙂 just in time for the footy on Sunday 🙂 happy days @Anonymous User-R
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User excellent news! Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

We can't guarantee that'll work for every device, but fingers crossed it'll cover most of the ones reported here.

Thanks,

Tom