cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Android app on Chromebook

My Chromebook has recently been updated to support the android Google play store so that I can also install android apps on there. I installed the NOW TV app and logged in successfully but when I come to play a sports stream it gives the message "connecting" but doesn't get any further than that. I realise that it's very early days for running android apps on a Chromebook and I'm not completely surprised that it doesn't work but can it be added to the list of things to look at and ensure compatibility with in the future?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getitng in touch. This is not yet updated on our supported devices however we will pass it on to our device management teams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same behaviour on my Acer R11. Installs OK, runs OK, I sign in and try to play but whatever is selected it sticks at 'connecting'.

All other Android apps run OK

--BernieJ

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Exactly the same behaviour on my Acer R11. Installs OK, runs OK, I sign in and try to play but whatever is selected it sticks at 'connecting'.

All other Android apps run OK

--BernieJ

I had a new NOW TV update today and it installed on my Chromebook (Lenovo N22, same processor as the R11 I think). The streams now connect successfully and whilst initially playing (presumably determining the connection speed) in low quality, all is fine. When the stream then changes to HD it stutters a lot. Hopefully this can be improved in a future release, but it's promising that it is close to working well. I wondered whether it may just be the chromebook isn't powerful enough so I downloaded Eurosport Player (that I also have a sub to) and it streams well in HD with no stutters at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having trouble with the NOW TV Android app on a Chromebook (Acer CB3-431).

Once signed in it claims I have used all my devices this month.  Yet on my account page it says I've only used 3 of 4 and can add one more.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you with regards having reached your device limit.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

However bear in mind that Chromebooks aren't yet a supported device for the NOW TV service, you might get it to work well or you might not, you'll just have to see.