cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Login error when logging in on Android app (worked yesterday and still works on laptop)

The NowTV Android app no longer recognises my login details today. It worked yesterday and works when I login with the same username/password on my laptop. I reset my password through the app (which directed me to chrome), but when I try to login with the new password in the app I get a login error. I'm guessing that the app has updated as it removed my saved username/password.

The exact same username/password combination works on my laptop, but not on my Android smartphone (a Nexus 5 with the latest Android 5.1.1 software installed on it).

Anyone else had these issues or know what is going on so I can get around this?

71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch again. I will send you an e-mail now. Keep an eye out on your inbox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem has come back for me. Was working early this afternoon but is now refusing to let me sign in. Tried clearing the app's data to no avail. Very frustrating!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, so annoying. Getting no help from nowtv. Happening to loads pof people.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting. I've replied to your post here.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue on my lenovo android tablet. It started last night and was working fine until about 7pm.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

hopefully the issue should of now been resolved since your visit to Live Chat.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got it to work last night by turning off wifi on my phone and signing in over the mobile network. It let me in. I could then turn wifi back on and stream video to my Chromecast.

This suggests that your authentication servers have a problem with my home ISP, which is Plusnet. I'd appreciate it if you could check this out.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This should now be resolved for you. Please let us know if you're still having an issue.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J, it's working now, thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And it's happened yet again: I can't sign in over wifi, but I can over the mobile network.

There is clearly a recurring problem here whose underlying cause has not been fixed.