cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Does anybody know if the NowTV App is available as a download for the 'Nvidia Shield Box' as i'm very tempted to upgrade as Plex is not properly supported on the NowTV box - Also if anybody has the Nvidia Shield box with the Plex Media Server App installed, could you tell me if it has the option to 'View By Folder' as this option is missing from some versions and is very important for my personal setup.

Thanks

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response. Karl's comment lead me to believe Google were looking at a solution. Is that I longer the case?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As mentioned by @Anonymous User there is nothing to confirm at present.

In his very wise words, "Never say never" but for now, no.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also would love to see Now TV on the NVIDIA Shield/Android TV.

I don't understand how it can be so difficult to add it to the Google Play Store... especially when I can get Netflix 4K HDR on SHIELD all so tempting it is!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a roku in one room and shield in the other. I'd subscribe tomorrow if there was an app for the shield, but not much point as it stands at the moment as roku don't do 4k, hdmi-cec or HDR or games. So the result is now TV's loses a customer.

Also don't understand why there is no 5.1 support.

I considered sky q but no Netflix or prime support.
Each provider has unique content that I'm happy to pay for, but...

It seems more of a political than technical issue...

Amazon vs sky vs google vs netflix = customer loses out - you literally can't pay any amount for the ideal solution.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, this is why this will undoubtedly fail as a service. You need to make the app available to every single device there is, in fact the nVidia Shield is the best android TV device and it isn't officially supported!

Absolute joke! more effort needs to be made to support it!

What happens when a newer 4k device comes out? support? or no support? too much uncertainty and wishy washy replies in here. it's very much like you can't be bothered?? how hard can it be? it's android with a different skin and can be sideloaded with ease, so not hard to implement!!   poor show!

give me the code and i'll do it! pure lazyness!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any more progress on support for the nvidia shield? Been 4 months and wanted to check

Thanks
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your enthusiasm for seeing our app on more devices!

Regarding Nvidia Shield - which is an excellent piece of kit - unfortunately NOW TV have made no announcements regarding support for the device.

That said, this could become available in the future, as we're always looking to expand.

Which devices do you use NOW TV on at the moment, and how do you find the experience there?

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats the problem - i subscribe to netflix and amazon and happy to subscribe to now tv - but nothing to watch it on apart from a failing roku 3 in the bedroom.

i was watching on an lg tv at my brothers so i know it is what i want but cant afford an lg oled until the price drops (few years) or my plasma breaks (unlikely)

when the roku ultra is released in the uk there will finally be a 4k device i can use to watch on but it has literally been years since the roku 4 came out and nothing in the uk.  now that all my kit is 4k ill probably have to buy a playstation pro as the only option in the short/medium - not really a set top box though and the shield is brilliant and does everything perfectly since the amazon instant video app became "available"

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes Id love to see this on the shield as i know many others would as well.

as of today i need to use a chrome-cast for nowtv. experience is fine, but
its one more device that needs to be connected and switched on etc so would
love to have this all through a single device.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User regarding Chromecast When using Chromecast to watch Now, it is recommended that you click cast first on the device you are casting from and then play content. This allows only the Chromecast to count as a device. You will need to sign in on the app on the device and then click cast, then select content and play. You will be able to send items from your "My TV" to the Chromecast without it counting as a device or getting a device limit warning (assuming of course you don't have 4 other devices).

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.