cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Does anybody know if the NowTV App is available as a download for the 'Nvidia Shield Box' as i'm very tempted to upgrade as Plex is not properly supported on the NowTV box - Also if anybody has the Nvidia Shield box with the Plex Media Server App installed, could you tell me if it has the option to 'View By Folder' as this option is missing from some versions and is very important for my personal setup.

Thanks

129 REPLIES 129
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You said, "....now that sky Q is going ip-only next year. Presumably via a rebranded roku box. Presumably this effectively kills now TV".  If Sky kills off NowTV, I will not naturally migrate over to Sky I will get my streaming Internet TV from elsewhere or, as an alternative, not use Internet TV at all.

I am sure that Sky realises that some of their customers will move to NowTV but not many, if any, customers move from NowTV to Sky.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am inclined the same way. Easier said than done as sky/now are the only source of HBO in the UK till 2020...

I guess sky q online will get the investment/development as a premium version and now TV will stay around as a basic no-frills option, based on the announcement
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the impression from asking on twitter a few weeks back that nowtv will be supported on the android tv platform.

They said it was an amazing platform too 😉
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I got the impression from asking on twitter a few weeks back that nowtv will be supported on the android tv platform.

They said it was an amazing platform too 😉

Really! Are you able to provide confirmation?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital I suspect whoever was on Twitter has android Tv themselves so is enthusiastic about it. I would expect them to announce a trial however before putting anything on Twitter. Hence I suspect that it was more a case of they are exploring the option. I suspect that they are looking at various devices. Just my thoughts.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ahhhh... 'Fake news' then @4268 Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on keep this post alive and kicking! Now TV for shield!. I'm cancelling my now TV subscription if by end of March we have no confirmed news. Hope everyone else follows this lead!! Now TV top brass need to look at the facts. The public get what they want, one way or another 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Groan.... I was just about to take a punt on this. It can't be that hard to find a streaming box that has Now TV, Amazon Videos, Kodi, Plex etc in one place without sideloading and fudging things to work. Back to the drawing board...

What makes it worse is the fact the YouView boxes only support Now TV movies and not entertainment. Otherwise, I would have an alternative viable solution.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Roku boxes definitely have 2 of those plus you can side load Plex. Not sure about Kodi. They are significantly more than a Now box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268

You can only sideload one app if I am correct, and that is currently Plex (on my Now TV box). That is an old version (updated but still an old version). As far as I am aware you cannot get Amazon Prime Instant Videos from the Now TV/Roku store? I see that Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't have an app for Android TV either... meh!!!