cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV available as a download for Nvidia Shield Set Top Box ?

Does anybody know if the NowTV App is available as a download for the 'Nvidia Shield Box' as i'm very tempted to upgrade as Plex is not properly supported on the NowTV box - Also if anybody has the Nvidia Shield box with the Plex Media Server App installed, could you tell me if it has the option to 'View By Folder' as this option is missing from some versions and is very important for my personal setup.

Thanks

129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is not I'm afraid. It shouldn't matter, because the Shield is GoogleCast compatible so Now TV should work with the Shield this way. 

However, unfortunately it doesn't work correctly. There's been quite a few posts on here, but Now TV just say they don't support it to cast to. It's a shame, as there's obviously something not quite right in the code, as it's the only ChromeCast compatible app, that I've found, that doesn't work on the Shield.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the reply, i've also found a few other apps that aren't supported on the Nvidia box since my original post so unfortunately won't be buying for now.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also an Nvidia Shield Android TV owner whom, until recently always watched Now Tv.

Why is this not yet supported the cast has stopped working. Are you going to fix this now tv? Please give us a meaningful answer as I have been asking the same question since September 2015 when I purchased the shield to box due to its 4K capabilities. 

Ive had no official reply via phone or using their forums.

I think 7 months to answer a simple customer question is the poorest customer service I have ever come across in any aspect of retail.

A very dissapointed customer. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you in regards to this topic. 

I would just like to let you know that we are getting this looked with Google and hope to have an update soon. 

Please keep an eye out. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is good news...!

Looking forward to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

Has NowTV app been modified with the  Leanback user interface yet...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Karl-F

I just tried the latest release of the NOWTV APK, no it hasn't and still doesn't fill the full screen or respond to the remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Karl-F

I just tried the latest release of the NOWTV APK, no it hasn't and still doesn't fill the full screen or respond to the remote.

@Anonymous User So untill it does it won't be released to android TV as both are minimum requirements for a play store android tv app to even get started with...

Ta

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

So the app loads then the device was not black listed then...

140616-1126-52.jpg

At least that some thing if they are sure they don't want the app working on a device they black list it...