cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello 

Let me start by saying I'm complete novice re computers so please be patient I have the hudle 2 android version 5.1 now TV 4.3 and believe it runs KitKat operating system

Prob no use asking me to do anything to technical unless you explain how to do it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thankyou for your post.

We support all Android phones and tablets, running Android system 4.0 (Ice cream sandwich) and later.

Please can you ensure you have the latest version of the operating system installed and the latest version of NOW TV, this can be updated via the Google Play Store.

Please also close any applications you have running in the background as these can take up bandwidth even when not being used.

We recommend the following Android device specifications for the best NOW TV app performance

1.0 Ghz

1GB Ram

480 x 800 Screen Resolution

'Eye Tracking' features should be disabled. (smart stay / screen)

Also just so you know NOW TV will not run on any modified or rooted device.

Please also check in settings that you location is pointing to the UK

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have all the updates available and it still not working if I uninstall the app it will work for a while then stop so every time I want to watch something I have to uninstall the app then reinstall every other TV movie app I have is working eg netfix blinkbox itv player BBC player just nowtv don't think the problem is my device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry to hear you've had continuing issues with the NOW TV app. What happens when the app stops working.

Can I ask where the device was purchased from? Can you try viewing on the browser and it will prompt you to view via the app, click the link and it has helped customers viewing again. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
When I go to web it says can't watch on web go to app then it takes me to play store then it says installed on device the huddle was bought from tesco both myself and wife have same device and both have same problem only works for short time after app downloaded
Martin

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Just a post to let you know that I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching a TV series on my hudl, have been for weeks and all of a sudden it won't let me do anything on it.

It either comes up with incorrect log in details, which they are correct as I can sign on to the computer to check my account. Or it comes up saying network connectivity error. Please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you're having issues with your Hudl. Can you try and sign in for for me now please. If you have any issues then please let us know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

micmacmoc
Mentor
On hudl2 the app still closes itself. I have tried the fixes to no avail. Have to delete and reinstall the app before i can view anything. So annoying.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @micmacmoc

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞

Please provide us with the following details:

*Make and model of your device

*Software version

*NOW TV app version

*When does the app crash - when you're opening the app, when you're playing Entertainment, playing Movies or Sports?

*Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps other than uninstall and re-install?

Birgit

NOW TV Team