cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Hudl2 tablet and because I have streaming issues, I was wondering if I can plug a NowTV box directly into my Hudl via an HDMI cable? I believe you normally plug it into your tv, but I want to connect it directly to my tablet.
Is this possible?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately pluging a NowTV box into a tablet will not work.

The NowTV box is designed to plug directly into the HDMI port on a TV display.

A tablet HDMI port is designed for an output to a HDMI TV or Monitor.

Both devices are output only and cannot accept an HDMI input signal. 

With regards to your streaming problems is it effecting both your NowTV box and your Hudl 2 tablet ?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User To add on to schnapps' advice, don't forget about the other devices you can view NOWTV on. 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even if you could plug the box into the tablet, you would still be streaming, just via the box instead of the tablet and it would still be connected to the same network.

Whats the exact problems your having with streaming? Is this when using the app on the Hudl or the NowTV box or both? Streaming issues often relates to internet connection problems and can often be resolved with a router restart or by using a LAN cable instead of WiFi (where possible).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is saying my tablet is modified.....any ideas how to sort it thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dont hold your breath, waiting for a helpfull reply, even when you get one from the "now" team, it dosent offer any actual assistance, and they never ever actualy get back to you with any advice.

Having been through every thread I can find the anwser is you are fecked, if your machine is not rooted then there is nothing that will help, you cannot get the software to run, Now TV dont give a damn and dont offer any assistance. sorry to be so blunt but thats the way it is.

The tech support is nonexistant, and they really really dont give a flying feck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I'm having the same problem - could you provide me with the steps please? Kind regards, Cheryl