cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl 2 - "device is modified, go away" message

Hi,

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just got a Hudl2 and installed the NowTV app and it isn't happy; it thinks the Hudl2 is modified and so now TV watching/Chromecast casting. This was a new purchase from Tesco. I set it up, it asked to update itself and that was that. It's running Android 4.4.4.

Does support need adding for the Hudl2, which I'm guessing does has some modifications by Tesco to ensure all shopping is done with them to get their profits back on track. I'm sure this tablet will sell by the bucket load due to positive reviews and a low price tag.

If it is just me, then any suggestions? If it’s the Hudl2 in general, will support be added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem. 

We'll be in touch via email with some steps you can try to resolve this. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply.

The tech team has come back to me advising that they're able to replicate the issue. They're not sure what is causing this, but do think it may be due to the Android OS itself. Currently they will start fixing the issue, however need to gather more information on their end. 

Once this is done, I'll be able to let you know. Very sorry about the delay 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry about the delayed reply.

We have released an update on the NOW TV app which should resolve the issue you experienced.

Can you please let us know if after the update you still get the same result?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I realise this was a while ago but I have found this thread because I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I too have a Hudl 2 which has a restricted profile set up for my son. I would like him to be able to access Now TV, which works fine on my full profile but when I log in to his profile every time I select a title from the library to view u encounter the log in prompts; when I fill in my username and password it bumps me back to the library page without registering as logged in.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will need to speak with our teams regarding this.

Once I have an update I will let you know.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't forgot about you 🙂

As you can imagine it's a bit hectic here at NOW TV Towers at the moment with the Kid's Pass and The NOW TV Combo going on .

I have sent another email over to our team today fingers crossed they get back to me within a few days.

Sorry again for the wait.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks again for waiting.

Our team have come back and asked if there are any parental control settings for the restricted profile ?

If so can you have a look and see if there are any settings you can tweek that still locks down the profile but allows NOW TV to work ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me! Yes, the restricted profile is controlled by me. However, I have already fiddled with various settings allowing my son access to Now TV (obviously!) and the Internet in the hope that maybe this was the problem but still no dice; the Now TV app on his profile just won't allow me to sign in. I can't see what other settings I can tweak to solve the issue...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I shall go back to the teams and see if they have any other idea's for you @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will unroofing my tablet cause me any future issues as i got same message coming up
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unrooting, effing predictive text