cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HP Slate compatibility removed

Used to be able to watch NowTV via the Android App, now getting Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to yout TV from mobile devices.

When did this suddenly become unsupported.

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The Android NOW TV app is intended to be used on 'smartphones' and 'tablets' using their in-built screens only. As far as I'm aware the ability to connect such devices to an external display via HDMI to view 'copyright protected content' has never been supported...

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital is correct it was never actually supported. It was more by luck the systems married up. You could try the Chromecast in the TV that may work but is not guaranteed.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks i think you are misreading my comment. The HP slate is an Android tablet. Which used to work with the NowTV app.
Didnt realise it was so hit and miss what is supported.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User uninstall and try the beta app it is in the play store. I am of course assuming that your phone is not paired with your TV over miscast or similar.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

So have you been connecting your Android tablet to external display devices (such as a television) via an HDMI cable to watch NOW TV content?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but already tried the reinstall. Must have been an earlier version of the software that worked.
Btw the slate is a 21" tablet so no other screen waa required 😁
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Btw the slate is a 21" tablet so no other screen waa required 😁

I'm confused @Anonymous User...

Sufficed to say, you should not be seeing an "Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices"  warning notice, if your are not using your Android tablets HDMI output port.

So is this warning notice appearing even when your tablet is not connected to an external display device via HDMI (or any other HDMI connected product)?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi smd,
Yes that is correct it is 21" tablet and this appears on the main screen.
Never connect an external monitor at all hdmi ports are unused
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Having the same issue, was there a resolution?

Cheers

Phil