cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9

I have a Samsung s7 and when I load into account and play anything I get contact support error 9. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. 

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this error when trying to play a video. I'm on Android N beta (downloading official 7 in the background) and I'm in the beta programme. Device is a Pixel C. I'll try play again once I've updated to the official 7 version.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User  if you are on the beta app have you given feed back via the app page on the Google play store? It will go to the developers working on the app.  Those guys might not be active on the forum.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

We're sorry to hear this Atcol, but thanks for letting us know.

We're looking into the error 9 reported on Pixel C with Android N installed.

As soon as we have more information we'll report back to you with an update. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for bearing with us while we get this looked into. 

I would just like to provide you with an update: Our Android Team have found a temporary workaround. 

Can you please uninstall the existing version of NOW TV and reinstall a fresh copy of the beta version. 

This resolve your issue while our teams investigate a permanent fix.

Any issues please feel free to let us know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, so I have just purchased sky sports pass to watch the United game on my phone at work and I keep getting the error 9 code using a Samsung s7 edge, so my pass is useless and I've tried all the above steps.?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the standard version twice, and the same for the beta version (again, twice) and it's still not working...

What, exactly, does error 9 mean? Presumably each error means something specific, or else you'd just say "error".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. I have a android tv box with nowtv app on it, when I click on something to watch it displays error code9! What is this and how do I fix it? I've tried reinstalling the app but no joy! I did a live chat with one of your customer service guys but he didn't have a clue what was going on, he wasn't helpful at all! Please help
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is your box up to date with its software? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it's up to date. How come nobody seems to know what this error code means? Everyone I've spoke to doesn't know what it is.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Apologies for the late reply on this.

The reason you're getting this error is because NOW TV does not support the Android TV Box.

We're available on loads of other devices though, click here for a full list.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team