cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9

I have a Samsung s7 and when I load into account and play anything I get contact support error 9. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. 

126 REPLIES 126
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the device has not been rooted by any chance?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, not rooted.  Nothing unusual (except it's an LG because I'm too cheap to spend £££ on a good phone, given how often I drop them!).

I would expect "Error 9" actually means something, but it doesn't seem apparent. Surely if the error is 9, the solution is [???].  Why else would they have different error codes?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try this Firstly double check you are using your Sky ID and typing password correctly. It is very easy to get either wrong on a mobile screen. If you are certain this is correct your app may have a glitch. I would do the following:
1) Go into settings on your phone and into apps, clear the data from there. Then try logging in.
2) If still not successful, repeat stage 1 and also uninstall the app and reinstall it. Then try logging in again.
3) If still not successful, repeat stage 1, uninstall the app and then remove the history of the app by going into Google Play, clicking My apps and going into all. Apps you have installed but that your account remembers will be there with a cross beside them. Click the cross to remove the app. This should remove the app fully. You can then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If this causes device issues you may need to go on chat.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried step 3 of what Expert 5 suggested (as I'd already done 1 and 2, with no success).  It didn't work either.

I tried deleting the LG G5 from the list of "devices" in the MyAccount section, so I could then re-add it.  But seems I've already made my monthly add-in, so whilst my phone is not off the list, I cannot re-add it.  Extremely frustrating....  Man Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've sorted out the device limit issue for you @Anonymous User

Can you try something else for me :

If you can goto Google Play, Search for NOW TV, Then select NOW TV.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Opt in to the Beta App, Once enrolled for the Beta App you should get an update through within a few hours.

Install the update then try to use NOW TV.. You might get error 9 again, if you do uninstall the app and then download it again and let us know if it works.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks.  I signed on as a Beta person and then it downloaded an update to the app (12hrs later - presume this was the beta version).  I tried to watch something (on 4G EE) and it presented the error 9 message.  Then I uninstalled (I didn't clear the app from the list with playstore - as per the option 3 suggested above).

I reinstalled and it still gives error 9...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have the "Android System WebView" App installed on your LG ?

If you don't can you install it, if you do have it can you make sure it is upto date.

Can you also make sue that your Google Play Services are upto date as well ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks, yes I have "Android System WebView" and when I searched it in Play Store it showed as "installed" and didn't offer an "update" option, so presume it is installed.

I've check Google Play Services  (using"Play Services Info" app, which I just downloaded).  It ays I have version 9.4.52, installed 31 December 2008, and updated 18 August. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having some trouble.

Can you tell me if you get the error when using WI-FI or a 3G/4G connection.

If on WIFI is it a shared service, corporate network or standard home WIFI ?

Thanks 

Andy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it's on WiFi (home network, and works fine to use that network for a tablet) and also on 4g. And also my office's network (just checked).

I had another webchat and it's been re-escalated with the tech teams so hopefully will have an answer soon.