cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9

I have a Samsung s7 and when I load into account and play anything I get contact support error 9. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. 

126 REPLIES 126
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 9 means you have not given telephone permission to updated NOWTV app. Without it for some reason it is not going to work. Go to settings / Applications and clear all data/cache for NOW TV app and then log in again using your username and password. NOWTV app will ask you for telephone permission before you can sign in. Click allow, sign in and you will be able to watch NOWTV. If after that you disable telephone permission NOWTV app will automatically log you out and you will need to sign in again and allow telephone permission again. Why they are asking for telephone permission now I do not know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Posting here after request from Now TV Support on Twitter. It is two months that I've had the "Error:9" bug on the Now TV Android app.

All attempts to fix it have failed: uninstall/reinstall, factory resetting my phone and I'm running the beta version of the Now TV app. I have a Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1.2. 

I believe ongoing compensation is deserved until this problem is fixed. It is causing havok with my sports viewing plans. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I to have been having this problem on a doogee y6 max phone that was fine and worked but now all i get is error 9 and tried all the various fixes. i will be cancelling all my subs as no use to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My s7 has the same error not rooted and have installed and uninstalled the app a number of times now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Running OnePlus 3 latest OS , ISP is virgin plus just updated my payment details with a new bank card. Now cannot watch any content. Shows Error 9 message. Works fine on my laptop. Hope you can help. Also tried your beta version, same message.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a one plus 5 running an iteration of android nougat 7.1 and I keep getting error:9. I can watch on my windows tablet without a problem...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me. I have a one plus 5 that has just been bought new from One Plus so not foreign or rooted or modified at all. It works fine when I ChromeCast but it doesn't work on the actual device. It's very frustrating - has anyone actually managed to get it fixed? Appears like it's been an issue for over a year now...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Galaxy S8 Duos and get Error 9. Can't watch anything. Usual dreadful Sky application. Bet they are really keen to fix it..... not.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi all I'm new to the forum but solved the dreaded Error code 9 on Android, go into settings App scroll down to Now TV app click on and then clear the data which intern clears the cash and bingo it works again I hope this helps all
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using Samsung tab s3, as you said clearing the data and cach is the solution.  It's working with now and no more error9.

Thanks

@Anonymous User wrote:
hi all I'm new to the forum but solved the dreaded Error code 9 on Android, go into settings App scroll down to Now TV app click on and then clear the data which intern clears the cash and bingo it works again I hope this helps all