cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Google Home Mini work with NowTV router?

Hello,

Has anyone been able to set up the new Google Home Mini using a NowTV router with security enabled?

I have been unable to connect my Google Home Mini to my Now TV router while either WPA2-PSK (AES) or WEP security is enabled. If I disable the security on the router, the Google Home Mini is able to connect successfully but this is obviously not a satisfactory solution.

Router details

Model: NR701
Firmware Version: 1.19.1788.R
DSL Firmware Version: A2pv6F039m1.d24m

Any help much appreciated.
Sam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

So I finally managed to get my Google Home Mini working with the Now TV router. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Ensure that the Google Home Mini is turned off (switched off at the wall or unplugged)
  2. Log into the Now TV router admin console (http://192.168.0.1/ - username: admin, password: nowtv)
  3. Go to the Wireless Settings page (likely to be the first page after logging in)
  4. Ensure that Wireless Isolation is UNCHECKED
  5. Ensure that Enable WPS is UNCHECKED
  6. Click Apply to save the changes
  7. Reboot the Now TV router by turning it off at the wall, give it a minute and turn it back on
  8. Wait for it to get back online
  9. Turn on the Google Home Mini and open the Google Home app on your device (phone, tablet etc)
  10. Go through the setup process in the Google Home app

This routine finally worked for me after various iterations of checking/unchecking restarted etc. so if this doesn't work the first time, I suggest just keep at it.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Can't help myself but have you tried phoning the Google Home support line, you might get help quicker there than waiting for someone with experience of Google Home here

https://support.google.com/googlehome/topic/7563191?hl=en&ref_topic=7071995

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy,

I already have a support ticket open with Google (Case ID [1-0797000020213]) but was hoping someone here, or even a techie from NowTV, might have a quick solution/answer.

If I get anything useful from Google, I'll post it here.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

So I finally managed to get my Google Home Mini working with the Now TV router. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Ensure that the Google Home Mini is turned off (switched off at the wall or unplugged)
  2. Log into the Now TV router admin console (http://192.168.0.1/ - username: admin, password: nowtv)
  3. Go to the Wireless Settings page (likely to be the first page after logging in)
  4. Ensure that Wireless Isolation is UNCHECKED
  5. Ensure that Enable WPS is UNCHECKED
  6. Click Apply to save the changes
  7. Reboot the Now TV router by turning it off at the wall, give it a minute and turn it back on
  8. Wait for it to get back online
  9. Turn on the Google Home Mini and open the Google Home app on your device (phone, tablet etc)
  10. Go through the setup process in the Google Home app

This routine finally worked for me after various iterations of checking/unchecking restarted etc. so if this doesn't work the first time, I suggest just keep at it.

Good luck!