cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit issues

I have a new Sony Xperia Z5 and have installed the latest version of Now TV app. I removed some redundant devices out of the settings and tried to play video on my Z5 but received the error of maximum number of device registrations exceeded for the month.

I only have my Z5 and PS3 with Now TV so how can I have exceeded my limit when it is set to 4 devices. Can you reset my limit to allow me to watch the service through my phone once again as it's very frustrating when I didn't register any devices simply removed old ones from the list.

Many thanks in advance,
Ed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have a new Sony Xperia Z5 and have installed the latest version of Now TV app. I removed some redundant devices out of the settings and tried to play video on my Z5 but received the error of maximum number of device registrations exceeded for the month.

I only have my Z5 and PS3 with Now TV so how can I have exceeded my limit when it is set to 4 devices. Can you reset my limit to allow me to watch the service through my phone once again as it's very frustrating when I didn't register any devices simply removed old ones from the list.

Many thanks in advance,
Ed

valleytaff,

Suggest contacting NowTV live chat, hopefully they can sort you out.

Open the page linked below and press the contact us highlighted in the green box towards the bottom of the page.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility and explain your requirements to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving device management issues 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

And please don't submit your posts using capital letters, as it considered SHOUTING and rather rude!

Cheers

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

It might be that you've reached the maximum number of changes you can make (adding removing devices). in some circumstances we can  allow new changes I'll take a look at your account and see what we can do for you. I'll send you an email shortly. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've registered my tablet this morning and it is stating I've reached my device limit even though one of the devices is the tablet. 

Can anyone explain why this has happened and help resolve the issue? please don't say wait till November as I've already waited for a month to register it after my device reset it self.

Thanks,

Andy

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  The Now device limit is 4 devices of which you can watch on 2. They however understand that people have problems such as this. I suspect that there was a software update which made a device look new. I would recommend you explain the situation and ask them to help you. I would also recommend that if you are getting help adding a device, you ask them to stay on line whilst you check the device is working. This will save you having to search for chat again. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Whilst on with them check all devices work.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just removed a device to add new O e (chromecast) will not let me add one. Max reached for this month, last time I added a device was November and a couple that showed I could add one December first. Unable to find any way of contacting now tv for help as all links go round in circles
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8am - 11pm

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you use your phone/tablet to watch NOW TV on as well as casting to your Chromecast then both will be added as devices, it may be this reason why you've hit your limit if your phone/tablet has been added this month.

If you only want to use your phone/tablet as a remote for the Chromecast (rather than using it as another device to watch content on)  then it doesn't need to be in your device list as long as you make sure you press the cast button before choosing what content you want to send.  

If however you start playing the content on the phone/tablet first before pressing the cast button your phone/tablet will be counted as a device as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says You've already used up your monthly allowances for adding new devises on your now TV account
but it has been paid
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It says You've already used up your monthly allowances for adding new devises on your now TV account
but it has been paid
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Now device limit is 4 devices of which you can watch on 2. They however understand that people have problems such as this. I would recommend you explain the situation and ask them to help you. I would also recommend that if you are getting help adding a device, you ask them to stay on line whilst you check the device is working. This will save you having to search for chat again. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight