cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit issues

I have a new Sony Xperia Z5 and have installed the latest version of Now TV app. I removed some redundant devices out of the settings and tried to play video on my Z5 but received the error of maximum number of device registrations exceeded for the month.

I only have my Z5 and PS3 with Now TV so how can I have exceeded my limit when it is set to 4 devices. Can you reset my limit to allow me to watch the service through my phone once again as it's very frustrating when I didn't register any devices simply removed old ones from the list.

Many thanks in advance,
Ed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have a new Sony Xperia Z5 and have installed the latest version of Now TV app. I removed some redundant devices out of the settings and tried to play video on my Z5 but received the error of maximum number of device registrations exceeded for the month.

I only have my Z5 and PS3 with Now TV so how can I have exceeded my limit when it is set to 4 devices. Can you reset my limit to allow me to watch the service through my phone once again as it's very frustrating when I didn't register any devices simply removed old ones from the list.

Many thanks in advance,
Ed

valleytaff,

Suggest contacting NowTV live chat, hopefully they can sort you out.

Open the page linked below and press the contact us highlighted in the green box towards the bottom of the page.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using my mobile & chromecast perfectly fine until today. The app said that I've used up all my devices and that I can manage them in my account. Neithe my phone nor my chromecast was lasted but an old pbone from last year was (and my chromecast bwfore it was reset a while ago).

I deleted both devices but now I can't use my chromecast because it says I've used up my allowance for adding new devices!

I think either my app or account has got borked somehow. Any help appreciated.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you may or may not be aware, the NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four playback devices and view their service on up-to two at the same time. You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

Ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month. However, for 'forced' device limit resetting you will need contact a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility (but please be aware they are not obliged to perform this service). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have granted you 2 more changes however in future you will only have the normal 1 chnage per month.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In a similar vein I just installed the NOW TV box and gone through the set-up process. Looks great BUT I can't actually watch anything as I have to wait for a device change! The actual box counts as a device?

Was previously using a Nexus (Android) phone coupled with Chromecast which worked well but wanted a more convenient way of getting selected channels on the main TV. But now locked out until next month . . .  not a great customer experience.

Btw, does the Nexus phone and Chromecast count as two devices?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As I mentioned above, try contacting a NOW TV representitive 😉 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital and I have done that too. Just wondered if I might get a speedier answer via this thread. Let's see . . . 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, if you cast first only the Chromecast counts as a device. If you select the program then cast, both the Chromecast and the other device count as devices.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

Guys

You know, so many unsuspecting users run into this problem where their Smart Devices and Chromecast are counted as two devices when they should only be counted as one.

I wonder if, when NowTV next update their computer systems, the "Manage Devices" section of "My Account" could be updated/amended to allow the NowTV's help team upon request to register "Smart Device + Chromecast" as only one device. 

It will probably require a lot of background work but it would save a lot of frustration coming from Chromecast users.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy that would only work if the person didn't play first.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4286

Yes, I understand that and that's why I said, "allow the NowTV's help team upon request to register "Smart Device + Chromecast" as only one device", not the user.  This will allow NowTV's system to stay clean and prevent avoidable user mistakes.

UK Bob