cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device has been modified

I have hust bought a new Tablet..Neocore.... having installed NOWTV on it, i am getting the message 'Sorry, this device has been modified. Now TV is not supported on this device. Please remove the modifications or continue on another device'.... Being the most up to date Android, i would have thought this would have been fine. Can anyone help me, or am i now without NOWTV on the go???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Q

Seems that you've bought a pre-jail broken tablet, please read the thread at the following URL to get the answers you may (or may not) be looking for:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/System-modified-can-not-run-now-TV-app-on-tablet/m-p/414238#M4057

UK Bob

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks I have kaspersky installed why would that be an issue? Surely now can't be requiring their software to be run on devices that only do not employ basic Internet security? My bank software has no issue nor payment software

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi welcome to the fourm, we have sent you an email and a dedicated member of our team will pick this technical query up for you and it will be looked into 🙂

Thanks The Nowtv Team. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dont wish to be rude as you are attempting to help, but given the fact that I spent an hour on chat 3 days ago and they said I would receive an email from the tech support team within 24hours I shall not be holding my breath.

I am at the point of seeking redress though the legal system as your software not being fit for purpose intetended under the consumer protection legislation.

This is beyond a joke, your software does not work on hardware it is specified to work on, the hardware meets the description offered to be required, you have no option to speak to a representative by any method except email or on line chat and the persons on the end of the chat are not qualified to offer technical assistance.

In addition given the number of requests on here for the same kind of assistance this appears to be known issue you are doing nothing to address or warn people about prior to signing up for your service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bowsr1, I have similar problems, see my post, a bit below yours (headed "Device modified").

I agree with you that no one seems to have an answer to this, apart from the "Rooted" thing.

Only had a couple of people reply and one had the same issue and no answer the other sugested things I'd already tried without success, apart from a factory reset, which I definitely don't want to do.

Strange thing is it worked ok on my device for a few days before the device modified message came up and it stopped working.

I know this is no help to you, but just agreed with, and empaphise with you.

No one from Now TV has contacted me about this issue or offered any help in solving it, It is very frustrating. as you say, there does seem to be a lot of people with the same issue, so it's about time they solved it !!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new Doogee Y6c android phone and installed Now TV app, worked fine and cast to tv ok. Then installed a couple of other apps (LLoyds Bank, AVG security and Waze traffic app). Might have been nothing to do with those but after installing them when I open NOW TV on the phone and try to play something I get a message saying the device is modified and unsuported and to remove the modifications. I have uninstalled the apps I put on and still no joy. Have looked it up on Google and also the helf forums, only sugestioin is that the phone has been "Rooted" and to "Unroot" it. I have installed a Root checker app which says the phone is not rooted and then uninstalled that app. I have also followed sugestion of using SuperSu to unroot. Have installed the SuperSu app and opened it. It says the phone is not rooted so have uninstalled it. Have rebooted the phone after each and also installed a cache cleaner and cleaned up files with it. Rebooted phone and tried Now TV again and still getting the same message. So before I pull out all of my hair and cancel NOW TV can anyone help Please ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

not much use to you but I asked the same question a week or so go and no replies either

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know, looked at loads of things and only thing they all mention is the rooting issue, so if the phones not rooted doesn't seem anywhere to go.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I think the issue is the AVG. Try removing it and see if it will work.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, solution not found yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had already removed AVG and didn’t make any difference, but thank you for replying.
Legend 5
Legend 5
You could try clearing the app cache and data then uninstalling and reinstalling.
Failing that you could try a reset of your device, though this would necessitate you re-adding all apps, so may not be ideal.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.