cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device has been modified

I have hust bought a new Tablet..Neocore.... having installed NOWTV on it, i am getting the message 'Sorry, this device has been modified. Now TV is not supported on this device. Please remove the modifications or continue on another device'.... Being the most up to date Android, i would have thought this would have been fine. Can anyone help me, or am i now without NOWTV on the go???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Q

Seems that you've bought a pre-jail broken tablet, please read the thread at the following URL to get the answers you may (or may not) be looking for:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/System-modified-can-not-run-now-TV-app-on-tablet/m-p/414238#M4057

UK Bob

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Q

Seems that you've bought a pre-jail broken tablet, please read the thread at the following URL to get the answers you may (or may not) be looking for:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/System-modified-can-not-run-now-TV-app-on-tablet/m-p/414238#M4057

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob.

I'll give up then. No more NOWTV away from home for me then.....

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User By 'away', do you mean abroad?

Remember, NOWTV can only used in the UK as agreed in the T&C's. There are portable devices you can use for here though. 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If you mean home but on the go, just ignore the first part of this post. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Caseyb,

No, I only meant when i am away from home, but not abroad. Thanks anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just to confirm this, i checked this tablet out via their website and it does state in their small print "neocore is not compatible with SkyGo,NowTV and Virgin Anywhere app. "

These appear to be modified tablets (i.e rooted) and as such you will likely run into problems with many apps inclduing those above, banking apps would be another good example.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. My banking App seems to work fine, as does all other apps. Just the NOwTV app, which is annoying. Oh well, I'll have to stream from other sources.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to have a problem common to many, I have installed the app on a note 4 and a tabs2 8, both will not run the app I get the error message saying they are modified, which is not the case. The tab is less than 2 months old I have had it from new and certainly not rooted it, the phone is about 24 months old and the same.

There is no helpfull advice I can find other than "it must be rooted" which it is not. Is there any specific software that causes an issue the FAQ page is less than hopless?

Legend 5
Legend 5
Apologies no-one fellow customers nor the Now team has noticed your post. @Anonymous User have you got security software installed on your device? If so I suspect that might be the issue.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I have kaspersky installed why would that be an issue? Surely now can't be requiring their software to be run on devices that only do not employ basic Internet security? My bank software has no issue nor payment software