cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cricket noise

I am watching now tv on a Samsung S7 Edge and keep hearing a noise like a cricket. This does not fit in to any help section, anyone else had the same. This is when I am watching Penny Dreadful.
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Like a chirping noise, but not a background notification on your phone? If it's only happening on Penny Dreadful let us know which season/episode and a rough time stamp for when it happens and we can see if we can replicate it, it may be a problem with the episode at NOW TV's end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy thanks for your reply I have noticed it on every episode so far and I'm on episode 4 of season 1. I'm at 21min22secs. Yes like a bird chirp or cricket. I have noticed it on other shows as well. I have done all updates and not sure what else to try.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you are hearing the chirping sound through your phone inbuilt speakers ?

If that is the case have you tried listening to the NowTV shows with a set of headphones (assuming your phone has a headphones jack connection) just to test if the chirping sound is also prominent over a pair of headphones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also get this chirping, on virtually anything I watch. It starts at about 3 to 10 mins of play. To stop it I have to close and restart the app (sometimes just shrinking it works) to get another 3 to 10 mins without it but of course it then starts again. This happens on both my android devices. About one in twenty (and I'm being kind there) plays works fine. Infuriatingly irritating and enough to make me consider cancelling if it doesn't stop
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glitches in the data stream received by your playback device can result in 'squeakes and screeches' (audio drop-outs). Anyone who has a DAB radio experiences these all the time Smiley Surprised 

If your playback device is connected via WiFi you need to make sure that it's connected to a 5GHz frequency band/channel, not a 2.4GHz frequency band/channel.

And every now and again you should re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Rebooting my router did the trick. Thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

*chirp*

Apparently

*chirp* *chirp*

I spoke

*chirp*

to soon.

*chirp*

It's doing

*chirp* 

my