cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and Registered Devices

Hi

If I'm casting Now TV to Chromecast from an android phone, does it mean both the Chromecast and phone have to be registered?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Chromecast will need to be one of your devices, however if you don't watch NOW TV on your mobile that doesn't, you can press cast before playing and it'll never count. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Chromecast will need to be one of your devices, however if you don't watch NOW TV on your mobile that doesn't, you can press cast before playing and it'll never count. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got an error message saying that I'd reached my device limit when trying to cast from a new smartphone I've just bought to my Chromecast (already registered from a while ago). After removing one of my other devices it allowed me to cast to the Chromecast (I may have tried to play it on my new LG G4, which it didn't allow to play on as it thinks the phone has been modified, but still added it as a device). I think there is a bug in the logic and it doesn't work exactly as you have described here. If you have free device slots on your account I think it may work as you have described, but I'm not convinced.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't found a need to register my smartphone if I choose cast to the registered Chromecast before playing the content.
However, the problem with Now TV is that it allows you to remove registered devices at any time. But will let you register one new device per month only.