cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't find app on Play

Got a new Lenovo tab, fresh out of the box. So I am looking for now TV app on for play and it's simply not there.
Thoughts
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Assuming you're not using a VPN or have made other changes to your broadband to make it look as if you're not in the UK then it's either your tablet that's not compatible (although at quick glance looks like it should be) or it's something to do with the way your Play account/Google Wallet is set up.

I'd suggest posting a message on the Google Play forum first to see what suggestions the experts there come up with and then if they say it's nothing wrong with your account you'll have to come back here

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/play

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is it a UK bought model and you are in UK with store settings set to UK? You can try installing direct from the Play site

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.nowtv.beta&hl=en_GB

If you post the model it might help. Some of the Lenovo models have modified versions of Android to support extra functionality eg the 2-1 type devices and NOW TV might not run on these devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Argos in London is where it came from. The app simply does not appear on play, I'll check your link
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Guys

Is it possible that Google's PlayStore does not see Ironclad's tablet as having an authorised version of android?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice and link. I get a message saying, "not available in your country"... so, um
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lenovo TB X103F
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Assuming you're not using a VPN or have made other changes to your broadband to make it look as if you're not in the UK then it's either your tablet that's not compatible (although at quick glance looks like it should be) or it's something to do with the way your Play account/Google Wallet is set up.

I'd suggest posting a message on the Google Play forum first to see what suggestions the experts there come up with and then if they say it's nothing wrong with your account you'll have to come back here

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/play

ecpalmer123
Advocate

I have recentley purchased a Lenovo tablet from Lidl Nov 2022 and it wont allow NOW tv app to be displayed to install therefore I cant run the stream to watch sky sports

RoyB
Legend

@ecpalmer123 

Lenovo make Android, Windows and Chrome tablets.

Which sort is yours? (Model number will help also).

Android - should work.

Windows I don’t know. May be OK if it’s enough like a PC.

Chrome - probably not compatible, as certainly, Now does not run on Chromebooks.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.