cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there known issues logging in using WiFi?

I have been trying out NowTV on a NowTV (wired connection) for a couple of weeks and have now taken out a subscription.

Since then I have tried it on my LG TV (using WiFi) my Sony tablet (WiFi), my Samsung S6 phone (WiFi) and none of them will log in. All of them are on the latest NowTV version for the platform.

The message is 'Sorry, we did not recognise either your username or your password.'

I have reset the password, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and have emails confirming my Username/email address.

I can log in using laptops on a wired connection using the same, correct, credentials.

Are there known issues with using wireless connections?

I have no issues using other streaming services on these devices.

I will do more tests, including changing the router in due course.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For info.

Using Sky's chat facility, an operator gave me my user name, which is different from the email address, and is not sent on any of the aut generated email reminders.

I reset the password using the username and logged in using the username, not the email address, though they are supposed to be interchangeable.

Though I haven't tried the LG TV yet, I can now log in using the other devices.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed this on an earlier post but forgot to mention.

No, my user name an password are all lower case letters and digits.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I can log in fine on my mobile. Who is your internet provider? Some put restrictions on what can connect. If you go into your router's home page it will let you see this. Ensure the devices are authorized. One question why don't you stick with the wired connection?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ISP is Plusnet, which allows me to play using my NowTV box, so no restrictions there, hence my question.

What do you mean by 'Ensure the devices are authorized'?

The devices that cannot log into NowTV work on Netflix, Amazon, Youtube etc using WiFi.

Why don't I stick with the wired connection?

My tablet and phone don't have wired connections?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not just WiFi, I've connected my LG UH603V v 04.30.70 using a wired connection.

Again, every service works ok but I am unable to log into NowTV version 2.16.1 using the correct username and password.

'We did not recognise your username or password'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For info.

Using Sky's chat facility, an operator gave me my user name, which is different from the email address, and is not sent on any of the aut generated email reminders.

I reset the password using the username and logged in using the username, not the email address, though they are supposed to be interchangeable.

Though I haven't tried the LG TV yet, I can now log in using the other devices.